Boy hit my daughter today

Mark2

A 14 year old boy in the 6th grade who just transferred here last fall punched my 11 year old daughter in the back leaving a bruise today. This boy who obviously is older than most 6th has had a history of bad/violent behavior. I'm going to the school in the am to talk to the principal. I know what I want to say, but would other fathers do. I plan on being civil ish.

Mark2

Personally boys shouldnt hit girls no matter what but now a 14 year old in 6th grade doing it. My advice stay calm and tell the principle that this kid should not be aloud to be with younger kids if he already has a violence problem

If it were me, I'd find out where the boy lived and talk directly with his parents. And then I'd tell him that if he ever hit my daughter again that I would file charges against him. I might even bring the cops with me to the house just to scare him.

Then I would use Jeff Foxworthy's line and say, "Son if you ever touch my daughter, remember these words....I got no problem going back to prison."
smile.gif

Sounds like that kid should be riding the `short bus` to a special school.
Remember to keep your cool. Given my past I`m somewhat lucky not to have any criminal charges that would make it difficult if not impossible to purchase/own firearms.Remember that when you get the urge to put a hurtin` on the kids father.

Just remember that it's the parents that are supposed to be raising the kids, not the school system. You can't put all the blame on the school, they have laws that they have to follow. I guarantee they don't want problem kids at the school any more than you do.

Now as far as hitting my daughter, I would be one pissed off dad. I would do everything you can to have the situation taken care of. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Can't say what I'd do... It'd most likley cost me some money though. Very sorry your daughter had that happen to her. Sorry you are in the position you are in now. I can only imagine the rage I would feel. Man....

I think I would call the police and see what they say,and probably a lawyer.I think thats what I would do,thats not what I would want to do.Just keep your head,there is always time to do whatever needs doing.Can't undo things though. Good luck with this.

Being civil is the right way to do it. Have that little pecker head punished for all he's worth. See if he has past behavior problems, maybe you can get him shipped out to a school for trouble makers. Police sounds like a good way to go also.

Boy hits boy, fight is on. Girl hits girl fight is on. Boy hits girl...by no means is this to be tollerated, especially at that age.

Be strong for your daughter, keep your head and things will work out. Good luck.

Trashcan
DCC

I don't mean to be nosey but I would like to know how this turns out if you would not care to tell us. I would like to know how you and your daughter are treated by the "people in charge".

Well I went this morning and talked to the principal. I explained to her what happened and gave her a list of names of the kids who saw this happen. She seemed to be concerned and told me she would interview all the kids that saw it happen and get back to me as soon as she had some info. Hopefully I get a phone call today if not I will call her in the morning. I kept my composer and acted cool and polite, for now! I will update more info as it comes in. Thanks everybody.

Mark2

14 year old boy in 6th grade should tell ya something right there!

He will be the only 7th grader driving and shaving!!

Sad!

Please let us know what you find out Mark!

I am interested to see how the powers to be handle this situation??

Thanks and good luck!

Kevin

Originally Posted By: Irish_80Just remember that it's the parents that are supposed to be raising the kids, not the school system. You can't put all the blame on the school, they have laws that they have to follow. I guarantee they don't want problem kids at the school any more than you do.

Now as far as hitting my daughter, I would be one pissed off dad. I would do everything you can to have the situation taken care of. Good luck and let us know what happens.
+1000
I wouldnt o to the house either. That would only be trouble. I would call the police and do yourself and the school a favor. Take pics of the bruise.

Originally Posted By: RubenatorIm sure you could find a couple of teenagers willing to earn some money.

This was my first thought as well lol.

On a more serious note, Goodluck in getting this resolved.

So as a principal and parent I would do what you have already done. Unfortunately, as a principal you can't just ship out all the bad ones, only the really bad. Let the principal handle the investigation and decide what is appropriate given the situation and school laws/rules. Unfortunately as principal I am more of an investigative reporter trying to find the truth, intent and reasons behind an issue. I am not saying your daughter is lying or did anything wrong at all, regardless hitting is not OK. On the flip side when I go to a parent with a punishment, the more I know the better. Simply put, especially in middle school students, the first story you hear is not always the truth.

I would also contact the police, but only to file a complaint/report. Let the police go over and inform the other parents about the issue.

Do not over react, let the system work, but also do not let it be... The squeaking wheel gets the grease.

Hopefully it will not get worse.

I would also ask, where was your daughter when this happened? where was the supervising adult? Why did your daughter not report to teacher right away? These are all important questions. Granted all teachers and staff can not be everywhere at all times or see everything, but they should make every effort to do so.

Document all known facts along with any possible photographic evidence and send a copy to the principle and also the head of your school board. They will have to respond in kind which could be useful in civil litigation. It's hard to deny the written word but phone conversations can sometimes not be enough. I wouldn't get personally involved with this kid's parents on any level. If you go thru the proper channels a satisfactory outcome is more likely.

Back