Question for Vargy

Moe

Vargy
Im not trying to start a rumble or anything in that manner I just have a simple question.
Ive noticed that in most of your pics I seen the coyote being hunted by many dogs. I find that quite unfair. Do you ever let a single dog hunt a coyote so it has somewhat of a sporting chance? If so, does your dog get a lot more wounds? Like I said...Im not trying to spark and argument, I was just curious. Thanks in advance.

moe i will do my best to answer this for you.i have 3 hounds that can and will kill a coyote one on one. most of the time one of those hounds has the yote down when the other hounds show up.they have run that yote just as far as the one hound and deserve som fur in their mouth to.most of the time i cant get there in time while one hound has it caught. when i get there , the rest of the pack is already there. and thats when i snap the photo.there are many times to that the pack catches a yote together. see coyote hounds are pack hounds.that means that they wont run with out another hound with them. some hounds will run by them selfs.but they do better with a pack.i dont shoot in front of the hounds. there is times they run the yote 3 to 5 hours and have covered many miles. i have worked very hard to get a good pack of hounds like what i have now.and it makes me very proud of them when they catch a yote.yes i have had hounds get tore up from coytes. but it happens more when there is a pack then one on one. the reason for that is when the fighting hound has the yote another hound will pull on the yote and pull it out of his mouth and the hound will get bit.i carry a staple gun in my truck and have sewed hounds up a few times. ok im going to ask you a question? do you think it is really fare to the coyote when you shoot it with a rifle with a bullit that travels 3,000 ft per sec.moe it is called diff ways of hunting. you might enjoy calling i enjoy hearing the music of my hounds. hoope i have helped you here.

Thanks Vargy

Thanks for your response. Like you said and I agree, we both have our opinions and I'm not going to hold it against you as you will not to me. Yes I find it fair shooting it with a bullet travelling 3000 fps when calling it or tracking it. You may not agree but our perspectives are obviously different. If I am able to outsmart the coyote by myself and able to get within shooting range then it's most certainly fair. Yotes are not stupid and it takes skill to even see a yote let alone get a clean shot at it so I see it quite fair as do many other people. Once again...it's our own views of hunting. I can understand where you are coming from, when you talk about seeing your hounds in action just as I enjoy seeing my Lab flush a rabbit, or pheasant and return it when I shoot it. Like in my previous post I said Im not trying to start anything, I was just a bit curious on your hunting techniques on yotes so don't take it personal or anything of that nature because I definitely do not intend to offend you in any manner. Thanks.

moe i dug through some pics and found these. this pic i was lucky enough to get. this is my hound named red. first pic is yote with hound just ft behind it.

HBQQCCFEZMHDPJTWNJOZ-red%20catching.jpg

the 2nd pic is when red caught it right in the road ditch by him self. i got to see the whole race.

LWD[DPWIVTALIFYXGMIS-red%20good%20hold.jpg

Vargy

that race was about 3 miles long. most all open country over in ILL. it was a averge size yote. kinda mangy. that red hound caught 3 yotes that weekend by him self. other guys got to see the catches but i was always on the wrong side to get any pics until after the catch and other hounds were there when i got there.

Vargy

Moe i have hunted coyote for a good while now with hounds and i love it, to me it's like a drug and i'm addicted.you talk about giving a coyote a fair chance,when i'm hunting i look around at all the hounds and trucks and equipment we are using on that one yote.them suckers are smart and make us all look like fools more than we all like to admit lol.
vargy admires hunting with hounds probably more than anybody that i have ever met so far in the coyote buisness.I've got to see his hounds in action a few times in the last few years and it is a lot of fun hunting with a true houndsman that he is. i would like to have a couple of his fighting hounds that he has thats for sure.

I agree with ralsy40. I have hunted with vargy and several other people in Ill. I got a hound from Vargy in Nov of last year and he told me exactly what it was and i got exactly what he said. He is a true HOUNDSMAN, not just a coyote hunter. And yes coyotes are very very sneaky, and there are lots more that get away than those that are caught or shot. Even more so around where i hunt. When I am out coyote hunting, I don't hardly shot anymore, instead of getting out with my gun I get my hounds out. I still carry a gun, but I would rather hear a good race than shoot it and end a race. That is why Vargy doesn't hunt with guns anymore. Thanks Vargy!!! you to "brandon" lol See ya, MOyotehunter

Back