Planning a southwest Kansas prairie dog hunt

Ricky Bobby

Thinking about taking my 1st prairie dog hunt to Syracuse, KS. The outfitter would be Rebel Ridge Outfitters.

I would really like to know if anybody could tell me whether or not this is a good area to be looking & if you would know anything about this outfitter?

Thanks in advance!
wink.gif

I will add that I'm considering going in the middle part of June.

Last edited:
Don't know the outfitter but I got family that lives in Syracuse. I was just out that way last weekend. Curious what the outfitter charges for a prairie dog "hunt".

The cost can vary on what the hunter's request are. They can provide shooting benches or you can bring your own. Also, the choice of being guided or not. I'd like to stay in their lodging so that I'm close to the action & only plan to actually hunt 2 days since it is my 1st time with little experience at shooting the prairie dogs. I can always go back!

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: skb2706Five minutes in....you'll figure it all out.

Yup - it's easy.

If it's covered all over in hair and moving, shoot it.

Wait a minute, that describes my Ex wife.

Aw, what the heck - shoot her too!

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: skb2706Five minutes in....you'll figure it all out.

Yup - it's easy.

If it's covered all over in hair and moving, shoot it.

Wait a minute, that describes my Ex wife.

Aw, what the heck - shoot her too!

lol.gif

Dave

According to their website you may be doing a fair amount of shooting in Colorado. IF some of it is where I have heard of it being leased, you will be driving for over an hour to places south of Towner, CO.

Last edited:
Back