What Height rings on a savage 110?

je4bowhuntin

I have a set of xtreme burris weaver bases on the way for my gun. It is a flat back action. I will be mounting a 40 or 44 mm scope and would like to stay close to barrel with the xtreme base should I go med or low? I am leaning towards Burris zee rings or warne kicked around the idea of the extreme tacticals but looked a little bulky

my guess is with a 44mm you will have to go med. espically if it has an AO. Not familiar with those bases but if they dont have a little height to them you should probably go medium IMHO

I'd say Medium to High depending on the scope I buy, the scope cover's I'm using, plus the ease and comfort with which you look down the scope. Personally I hate an uncomfortable cheek weld because the scope is too low or too high. I don't even worry about distance off the barrel because I've never seen any substantial advantage to that theory in terms of accuracy. I mean 1/8" of an inch isn't going to make or break the program and that is the essential difference in height variance between the two sizes of rings.

Standard Leupold one piece mount and Medium rings on a Savage 110 flat rear mount action. Scope is a 44mm Weaver KT15. Just for reference -

0106800002.jpg

I use a 20moa Weaver one-piece base and medium Warne rings on my 110 Predator Hunter, but my objective bell is 50mm. Email them for the ring height and use your tape measure or caliper to get an idea of how close is close to your barrel. They emailed me back within 3 hours.

How big is your face and neck? Your eye needs to be square to your eye piece. You need to get any shadows out of your eye piece. Once you get your cheek weld, your eye has to be inline with your scope tube. If you are moving your head down, you are to low.

Savage stocks are straight you need to go high.

Get a one piece from EGW and the Xtreme rings, they work. You can move your rings around, to match your scope tube.

If you go with Zee rings go to steel bases. Warner makes the best. Use the Burris tape and stone the sharp edges of the rings inside. You will not mark your scope tube.

I went with Burris extreme 2 piece base so I had a few choices for scope placement and warne maxima medium rings to start with. Will be mounting my 5-15-40 elite on it this weekend as soon as I finish painting the stock and finish polishing the bolt. If rings are not height I like I will order high or low and save the for my muzzle loader in re-doing

Back