New Olympic Arms UMAR 22-250 is having problems. Please help.

Originally Posted By: 1953toro2269 I hope someone here could tell us why the first fire case is pretty clean and the next 2,3,4,5 ect are so dirty and sticky. I mean they are really dirty. As another said when it ejects a fired case there are times it seems like it just falls straight down and other times has enough power to make it off the bench.

Whoa.... sounds like you have an out of spec chamber. You need to have that thing looked at by a REAL gunsmith before something bad happens.

I can't look at it and diagnose over the darn computer, but it sounds like that COULD be an issue. If that could possibly be an issue....HAVE IT LOOKED AT IMMEDIATELY. DON'T shoot it any more.

If it ain't that, I am sorry. But I'd rather be safe and tell you this than hear your missing fingers and a eyeball or two.

I'm neutral in this fore i have never owned, fired an oly....i have however heard a horror story from a co-worker, but what suprises me is that in 4 pages, there is no responce from olympic!!! thats a first on this site....if theres a prob w/ a sponsers product they answer pretty quik.....from what ive noticed.....

Funny thing is if i let it cool completely. No cleaning. The first one is always clean and in the same spot. After that your guess is as good as mine. I was told that a semi auto case is not going to stsy as clean as a bolt gun. And i agree to apoint. Some stresking or light powder mark. First shot on a cold, clean or dirty barrel looks like it came out of box. After that they are just gross at the range i have a hard time picking up out of the brass thats been there for years. Thanks for the help guys. I just dont anyone that works on ar here.

Ok guys so I emailed Oly Arms about all this and tried to figure out what kind of people they are. The thing is after this guy told me he had never heard of this guys problem before i highlighted his post and emailed it to him. I dont know but it seemed like it pissed him off because he sent me this email that seemed hatefull. I will post both emails up here so you guys can read them.

Last edited:
Ok so apparently I just read the legal notice in small print under the email telling me that it is illegal to share the email with you guys. So I guess i will leave this dog lie. Basicaly he talked about how long Oly Arms has been in buisness and how great of a company they are. He said he had never heard of the problems OP was having. So i highlighted his post and emailed it to him. He responded kind of crappy basically saying I was lieing. Said it was intresting because he recieved the same email from a diffrent person word for word and that if i had any more questions i should call CS. I sent him an email back telling him I was not trying to get him all worked up but as a paying customer I had concerns. I figured he should be concerned because they could be loosing a but load of customers. I doubt he responds to me now because he thinks im some kind of scammer or something. I was going to post what he said but like i said i read that little clause that said that was illegal.

Last edited:
I will let you guys know how mine is when I recieve it this week. Hopefully its all good or you might see a UMAR in the classafides

Originally Posted By: cmil84I will let you guys know how mine is when I recieve it this week. Hopefully its all good or you might see a UMAR in the classafides

Please do, I am curious to see the quality of yours compared to the OP's. Good luck.

I can't speak for their CS or warranty when it comes to how they'll deal with fit and function problems with their weapons, but I do know that their CS sucks round dangelly things in response to questions about something missing on a brand new weapon of theirs. I started emailing their "factory" and the website that's all about Oly Arms 2 years ago and am still waiting for an answer. I hope you end up getting a better response than you already got, Kevin. I'd like to see them step up and pay for shipping both ways and to fix each and every problem with your rifle. A brand spankin new UMAR and an apology wouldn't be out of the question either. I don't live all that far from their "factory" and could drive to their front door to have mine fixed, but it's funny how they haven't/won't acknowledge my emails and now are blaming another customer for another one of their screw-ups. Keep us updated Kevin because I won't have a buyer for mine if other folks read about this and how it wasn't resolved to your satisfaction.

I've used Oly Arms customer service once for a barrel link pin on my 1911 that broke. I called and spoke to CS, told them what broke and they promptly put the pin in the mail no charge. Granted a very cheap part but they took care of it.

Originally Posted By: cmil84Ok so apparently I just read the legal notice in small print under the email telling me that it is illegal to share the email with you guys. So I guess i will leave this dog lie. Basicaly he talked about how long Oly Arms has been in buisness and how great of a company they are. He said he had never heard of the problems OP was having. So i highlighted his post and emailed it to him. He responded kind of crappy basically saying I was lieing. Said it was intresting because he recieved the same email from a diffrent person word for word and that if i had any more questions i should call CS. I sent him an email back telling him I was not trying to get him all worked up but as a paying customer I had concerns. I figured he should be concerned because they could be loosing a but load of customers. I doubt he responds to me now because he thinks im some kind of scammer or something. I was going to post what he said but like i said i read that little clause that said that was illegal.

That gives me a warm fuzzy. Anyone else!!!!

Saying something is illegal doesn't make it illegal.

Did you sign a confidentiality agreement with this company? Telling the truth is NEVER illegal. It's not libel (written) if it's the truth. It's not slander (spoken) if it's the truth.

God Bless America!

I think everyone needs to email Olympic Arms to let them know what a mass amount of business they stand to lose if they don't take care of the customer. Word of mouth spreads like wildfire, and the word out on Oly is not good.

Originally Posted By: Mr Potato HeadSaying something is illegal doesn't make it illegal.

Did you sign a confidentiality agreement with this company? Telling the truth is NEVER illegal. It's not libel (written) if it's the truth. It's not slander (spoken) if it's the truth. Well said. A contract or agreement isn't something that you're subject to by another party - there has to be offer and acceptance for it to be valid. Tell the truth, speak your mind and for those who don't like it, tough.

Originally Posted By: filmitI think everyone needs to email Olympic Arms to let them know what a mass amount of business they stand to lose if they don't take care of the customer. Word of mouth spreads like wildfire, and the word out on Oly is not good.

The word out on Oly hasn't been good for a long time, yet people continue to buy them. I have spoken up before telling people not to buy them and when I do, I am called an elitist and several people speak up saying how great they are and not to listen to me.

During the 94 AWB Olympic was known to have the cheapest stuff (price wise)(no pun intended). Just like everything else, there are always someone new getting into the AR game. When most people jump in they start with " what is the cheapest stuff (price wise) out there?" That is where Olympic has the upper hand, still being known as the company with the best prices. It is no long the case, but it appears to still be working for them. God bless the impulse buy.

Kevin, I am sorry to see all of your problems with your new AR. I am a 22-250 fan and wanted one of these. Did you show these pictures to Olympic Arms before you posted them here?

Or you can get sales by being in a niche that no one else is filling. You really can't go anywhere else to get an AR in a WSSM caliber or a 22-250, or a UMAR lower that allows these calibers to run a longer COL. That is probably where the majority of their sales are coming from being the only game in town with some products that a lot of us desire to have.

I know Dtech and ASI have WSSM's, but they are licensed by Oly and most of their parts are coming from them, at least until Dtech went to Shilen barrels. I know I've seen Mike say he can't sell WSSM parts.

Not throwing Mike or Carl in with Oly as related to quality or CS at all- just saying Oly is getting sales through parts and UMAR lowers.

Originally Posted By: dway
The word out on Oly hasn't been good for a long time, yet people continue to buy them. I have spoken up before telling people not to buy them and when I do, I am called an elitist and several people speak up saying how great they are and not to listen to me.

I feel the same way.

Last edited:
Back