Night Goggles Inc

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 54 of 105 < 1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 104 105 >
Topic Options
#2694273 - 06/22/14 07:57 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Loc: Florida
Houston - We Have Lift Off!

Dead hog my game cam tree @ 175 yards:

The Unseen Eye Is Watching You....

Blood -> The Ultimate Biofuel
You can not argue with a sick mind.

#2694501 - 06/23/14 06:39 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Holy Moly, this 24 watt Larson Electronics mil-spec 850nm IR LED spotlight is the real deal if you want to light up everything 3/4 of a mile in front of you.

This kit is the real deal top notch professional heavy duty, not some cheap POS. It has mil-spec waterproof Deutsch connectors on the wiring harness cable and the entire unit is rated IP67, it is a no BS powerhouse of IR.

Very impressed with the American build quality of this and highly recommended for anyone in the market for kick [beeep] IR, you can get the kit in 750, 850, or 940nm IR.

I will take some pics through the NV camera to demonstrate how wicked this baby is...

#2694560 - 06/23/14 09:38 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Nailed my first nice hog thanks to the FLIR M-324XP thermal camera.

Set up right at twilight at a known crossing and had the FLIR covering the road down into a ravine about 125 yards in front of me and sat quiet, just as it was getting too dark to shoot an entire herd of hogs came out of the thick woods and started crossing the road, I could barely see them in the twilight darkness. Sat and watched them on the thermal for about two minutes as they were cavorting around back and forth around the road and figured I would not have a shot.

However this big sow cam walking up the road to the top of the hill that I was on and just kept coming, I could see her on the thermal and just keep quiet.

Finally she was less than 100 feet in front of me all lite up on the FLIR thermal and I took a head shot on her with my Thompson Center Contender with 10" barrel in .44 MAG with a 1.5X T/C scope.

Slug hit her right in the head and put her down.

This is the second kill with the M-Series, got another small shoat the other night too, but this one is a good 275 pounds...

#2694864 - 06/24/14 09:49 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Here is the view from the drivers seat through the FLIR MS-324XP thermal camera of the infamous game cam tree out at 175 yards with some hog offal next to it waiting for some coyotes to show up. Very nice FOV and easy to see coyotes coming in out past 350+ yards. Plus I can zoom into 2X and change color pallets and scan back and forth manually or automatically.

The view is actually much better than the pic due to interference with the frames on the LCD monitor.

#2695165 - 06/25/14 07:39 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

The Mil-Spec Larson Electronics 24 watt 850nm Infrared Light Bar with 8-3 watt IR LEDs is a definite keeper!

Don't use without an autogated NVO system, it is super powerful, not to mention do NOT shine it at any human beings.

#2695205 - 06/25/14 09:21 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: SkyPup]
Gman757 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By: SkyPup
Don't use without an autogated NVO system, it is super powerful, not to mention do NOT shine it at any human beings.

I think I would use a switch with a RED cover on it for this light as a safety backup to make sure it does not get bumped on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Red-LED-SPST-T...=item232c1139ee

Edited by Gman757 (06/25/14 09:22 PM)

#2695248 - 06/25/14 10:52 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: Gman757]
SkyPup Offline

Thanks Greg, you certainly are correct, you definitely want to know when this freaking thing is lit up because it is very dangerous and puts out some serious IR.

I have a red LED switch for the super IR blaster and a green LED switch for the FLIR M-Series thermal...

#2695528 - 06/26/14 10:13 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Here is a more representative NV photo of the awesome Larson Electronics 850nm IR Blaster out on the cattle pasture grade, it is 1/2 mile to the reflector out there on the road....

[

Here is one a hundred yards back into the live oak hammock before entering the pasture:

Pretty much turns night into bright daylight!

#2695930 - 06/28/14 10:00 AM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Installed the SPI 720X480 waterproof mini DVR recorder so that I can record stalks and kills from the cab from the FLIR M-324 thermal video camera using a series of BNC connectors to a final RCA jack.

Also, you can see the the lite up RED LED warning that the powerful 850nm IR Blaster is ON.

#2696234 - 06/29/14 11:17 AM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Good article on one of my buddies coyote hunting efforts on 5,000 cattle ranch! thumbup1

http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/on-the-prowl-for-coyotes-20140628/

#2696260 - 06/29/14 12:58 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Finally finished the entire install today when I hooked up the primary battery to the auxiliary battery with the 10 foot 2 AWG power cable.

This baby is all setup and ready to rock and roll FLIR style!

The auxiliary battery powers all the FLIR electronics and equipment whether or not the engine is running, the 35Ah auxiliary battery easily runs the FLIR M-324XP for 12 hours without voltage dropping below 12.5 volts. It also powers a marine waterproof USB dual port connector in the dash to charge up cell phones, Garmin GPS, FLIR scopes, FLIR handheld scanners, etc whether the engine is on or off.

Whenever the engine is running it automatically charges the auxiliary battery.

This thermal [beeep] is awesome and ready to hunt night and day.

And of course, a final obligatory pic of my professional escape vehicle in front of the log cabin at the hunt camp!

#2696365 - 06/29/14 08:50 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

Loc: USA

Well, that is one sweet looking buggy.

Personally I think you are giving Kevin a run for his money as a high-tech red neck! LOL.

#2698422 - 07/07/14 05:04 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: 6mm06]
SkyPup Offline

Here is the view through the FLIR thermal camera on the UTV walking out 100 yards using the different pallet colors, inverse polarity, pan/tilt, and zoom.

http://youtu.be/EMF8wBrvfBw

#2698428 - 07/07/14 05:43 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

The reason I am detecting so much thermal WIN here is this was after three hours of thundershowers in the middle of a downpour with a full length rain jacket on in hot humid conditions, I was thinking it would hardly work under those conditions.

Can't wait for this fall when it is cooler out and the leaves are off the trees and the brush is knocked down!

#2699392 - 07/10/14 09:16 PM Re: KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY [Re: BAYSTATE YOTE]
SkyPup Offline

Finally finished installing the professional Walker Evan rear shocks and they totally refined the ride on the UTV to a new level.

These are the same shocks that come standard on the Polaris RZR 1000 Baja Race UTV except I talked to the people at Walker Evans and had them re-valve them for rock crawling and trail riding instead of high speed racing.

Really smooths out the view on the FLIR M-324 thermal camera when cruising around 10-15 mph, eliminating the shake and vibrations!

Page 54 of 105 < 1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 104 105 >

Moderator:  SkyPup 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.