7mm rem mag. Muzzle brake or not?

je4bowhuntin,Sorry to try to joke around with you because some people don't know what that is and feel the need to flame on intended humor and take over the thread.

Mikeyg, no harm done I like to talk a little smack on equipment. I got one friend I give a hard time about his expensive encore because my cheap optima groups every bit as good as it. When I bought my optima for half the price he was talkin major trash until we shot it then he was pretty quite. Lol

I can't see the sense in a break for a 7RM. It doesn't kick that bad! Certainly not enough to justify the noise and blast. I don't see how people think a big blast is better then a bit recoil. I mean my wife shoots my sporter weight 7rm without any complaints. Learn how to drive your rifle and properly accept recoil.

It's not getting a muzzle break. If it don't shoot well when I get it together it may get some barrel work done and that's it. Don't want it any louder

Originally Posted By: pahntr760A 7 Rem Mag doesn't recoil enough. A good stock and pad combo are a much better option. I'm only 160# and have zero issues with 40+ round range sessions.

Yep, exactly. IMO no need other than if you think the break is cool...then I guess.

Back