Best CROW sound ever

coleridge

I've shot crows for years (we are Run & Gunners) & started back a long time ago on the old Jonny Stewart tapes. Changed over to Fox Pro several years back & have used it successfully ever since (so much easier than a heavy, tape eating bag caller). I have EVERY crow sound offered on MP3 or fxp from FoxPro, Bob Aronsohn & the one JS crow CD I found (I’ve tried all the free downloads around also). There are some decent sounds in that mix but the JS are by far the best.

There is still one of my favorite sounds from the old tape days I have yet to find it or a suitable replacement. I have tried everywhere to find the JS "Single Excited Crow" on MP3 format with no luck. I even recently bought a new Tape (JS Single Excited) & tried recording the fresh new tape to the computer & save as MP3; but there is too much “white noise” to be usable at volume.

If anyone has any CLEAN crow sounds; ESPECIALLY the JS “Single Excited Crow” in MP3 format, or knows were I can get them, I am willing to buy them. Send me a PM . I know JS released several more crow sounds on the PM cards. Just hoping to find those in MP3. Also, if you have any other CLEAN sounds I would be interested. Or if you could point me in the direction where to purchase.

I also recently found “S T O WILDLIFE CALLS” on the web & they have some Crow Mp3’s that look interesting. However, there is no preview. Plus, some of the crow sounds (Fox Pro’s sounds especially) sound good on low volume on the computer, but are less than desirable on volume 40 in the field. I am not interested in anything that sounds like it was recorded in a soup can. Can anyone comment on the quality of the STO sounds?

Also have a question if it’s possible to transfer” Wildlife Technologies” sounds over to play them on a FoxPro (I have a FX-5). Anyone have favorites of those?

I would love to have the old Johnny Stewart "crow and owl fight" on my foxpro. I don't remember the "single excited crow". Around here, if I turn on the foxpro, the crows go the other way! My mouth call is more effective. I think they are a LOT more folks around hunting crows than we think! If you find a way to get these sounds for the foxpro, I sure would be interested.

I have all 13 Johnny Stewart crow calls on my Foxpro, I used an EXcap to record the cassettes directly to my computer through the USB port, a little work to edit the sound down to good loop length, then a little noise reduction and to my tin ear they sound good.... If you can find Johnny Stewarts CD of crow calls used sound 202 crow owl fight is included in MP3 format just load and go..

I imported the JS cd into Audacity, edited it a little bit, then exported it into mp3 format and use it in my foxpro.

I've had great luck with JS crow sounds, and Audacity for editing and formatting calls.

The JS crow CD has mp3 files already on it. Stick it in computor & drag. I want the sounds other than the 4 that are on that cd (crow&owl,deathcry,comehere & fighting).

Anyone heard or tried the STO sounds?

Originally Posted By: nr123I would love to have the old Johnny Stewart "crow and owl fight" on my foxpro. I don't remember the "single excited crow". Around here, if I turn on the foxpro, the crows go the other way! My mouth call is more effective. I think they are a LOT more folks around hunting crows than we think! If you find a way to get these sounds for the foxpro, I sure would be interested. I would be interested also. I am not that great on a computer so if you find these sounds for the Foxpro let me know. I have looked and cannot find them either.

I'm a big fan of the JS calls as well with only one or two crows with clear sound. Most of newer ones like FoxPros seem unrealistic to me because they've include too many crows. I shot a lot of crows with the JS fighting crows sounds too back in the 45RPM record days.

Heres a thought,if you go to the Elect.calls forum and search "Audacity" then if I remember a Thread where they took a JS pm-3 and pluged the unit into the Mic on the Puter(said it was the same size plug) and recorded the sounds and used Audacity to then put it on a Chip for FP. There are 3 Crow cards for PM and card #1 has Excited Crow. I guess doing it this way would have little to no distortion. IDK check it out.
smile.gif

P.S. Allpred has them in stock to see whats on each

Last edited:
Dont laugh too hard, but I've actually had the best luck one of the free sounds from Western Rivers, Crow Frenzy. It's not to pleasing to my ears but for some reason the crows like it. It sounds like your in the bird sanctuary at the zoo, and I'm not to sure some of the sounds are even crows but when nothing else will do it I turn this sound on and more often than not they come. I've got the Johnny stewart cd and a bunch of foxpro sounds but that one works. It's not that clear, it has a lot of distortion at high volume, but around here they don't seem to care. Maybe it sounds so bad nobody else uses it and they've never heard it.

You need to add an sp108 speaker to your fx5 and then you won't need to turn the volume to 40 . And it will be a lot louder than your stand alone fx5

Back