New Olympic Arms UMAR 22-250 is having problems. Please help.

Originally Posted By: VaporWow, more bashing of a paying sponsor? Just another reason I love this place. I've been a reader for years, finally sign up and all of a sudden, its open season on sponsors?
Glad my dime isn't tied to this nonsense

Thats the way it should be. If there is a legit problem, let it be known. Just because they "pay" doesnt mean they should be free of criticism.

Im sure if they fix it the problems, we will hear about that too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mtnkid85Originally Posted By: VaporWow, more bashing of a paying sponsor? Just another reason I love this place. I've been a reader for years, finally sign up and all of a sudden, its open season on sponsors?

Thats the way it should be. If there is a legit problem, let it be known. Just because they "pay" doesnt mean they should be free of criticism.

Im sure if they fix it the problems, we will hear about that too.

totally agree

Agree regardless of manufacturer, if you buy something you expect it to work or that they provide customer service to address the issues.

Originally Posted By: Vapor I've been a reader for years, finally sign up and all of a sudden, its open season on sponsors?

Yep, it's all your fault. If you hadn't signed up this never would of happened! WTG man.

I live in Olmpia. Olympic arms is nothin g like you said. I just won Olympic Arms 243WSM at the predatormasters hunt. Now i'm thinking of selling geting nervous hereing this stuff. Rick

Originally Posted By: Yote Yoda USMCI was really wanting a 22 250 in the AR platform. After reading all this I am not placing my order with them next week. I was just getting ready to order one and now I will just wait and look around for another brand. Thanks to all you for saving me 1600.

SEMPER FI to you Yote Yoda USMC

Originally Posted By: bearmanricI live in Olmpia. Olympic arms is nothin g like you said. I just won Olympic Arms 243WSM at the predatormasters hunt. Now i'm thinking of selling geting nervous hereing this stuff. Rick

Please do not change your mind based on what I am experiencing with my rifle, I really like my rifle. I just want it to be 100%. They are awesome. Mine just happens to have problems, if my problems get fixed I will be happy and I know a few of the CSVCA members will be buying one depending on how the customer service turns out. I would like to give them a chance to hold true to their warranty and satisfaction guarantee.

Last edited:
popcorn.gif

Originally Posted By: TwistrateOriginally Posted By: VaporWow, more bashing of a paying sponsor? Just another reason I love this place. I've been a reader for years, finally sign up and all of a sudden, its open season on sponsors?

You would rather they purchase opinion and reviews? You don't want the truth?

This is why we STAY here.

This is wisdom. If they are paying they are also watching. So why is no one speaking up. When is the last time you saw someone express a problem with their FoxPro call and someone from FoxPro told them not to send it back. Olympic Arms has been plagued with problems for years. "Hail Caesar" is not the only one that has had a problem with them. Olympic Arms guns are on our "you can not use" list at the office due to the problems that we have had with them.

Well I don't own one but my friend and hunting partner has one.
He sent it back to them a couple of days after he got it. He sent it back 2nd day air @$125.00. It took right at a month for him to get it back. One of their excuses was they didn't have any ammo to test fire it. That was two and three weeks into it while in their hands. He sent it back for major issues.I know only because I have been with him from the first shot ever fired from it. We didn't get 20 rounds fired before we started having issues. They rebarreled it and to be honest it is better but not what I would say anywhere close to getting what he paid for.
I'm hoping he will explain the issues he has had.
I don't own any of thir products and never will due to how he was treated.

If you really feel the need to sell it Rick, PLEASE send me a PM and I'll come up and get it!

As soon as Oly gets the magazines prices down on this UMAR, I'll be buying (at least) one. Both my DTech uppers will benefit from the longer 22-250 mags. Then I'll be able to seat that 123gr. Amax bullet out there where it belongs.

Personal experience; I had an Oly AR back in the '80's that was not a good rifle. I know there are some folks who just can't let the "cast" upper/lower thing die, but that's their choice. A friend of my Dad's still thinks, "Them Toyota trucks are pieces of (edit)"! He still says that, every time the subject comes up, because the first boatload of them that came to Portland were mostly hauled to Shnitzer Steel and sold for scrap because they couldn't get them to run long enough to get them off the ship. He's one of those folks that go off his first impressions... forever. I'm sorry for those who are haters, but they are entitled to their own opinion. I'm very happy with my Toyota truck, and very happy with the Oly rifles I currently own. They work both work well for me.

In addition, my Dad still believes the M-16/AR-15 is by far the worst rifle ever invented due to the problems he personally encountered with them in the early to mid '60's. I'll never be able to change his mind on that one either. He's never gone into detail, but has said that a lot of good men died needlessly due to the shortcomings and malfunctions with that first model M-16. He doesn't own any Colt products due to that. Once again, I respect that opinion, but I also believe that Colt has worked out the bugs since then.

Looking forward to hearing how this works out for you. I'll probably still order one regardless, but I'll still watch this thread.

Thanks for the info, good luck, and good shooting to you!

Originally Posted By: tactical assaultOriginally Posted By: TwistrateOriginally Posted By: VaporWow, more bashing of a paying sponsor? Just another reason I love this place. I've been a reader for years, finally sign up and all of a sudden, its open season on sponsors?

You would rather they purchase opinion and reviews? You don't want the truth?

This is why we STAY here.

This is wisdom. If they are paying they are also watching. So why is no one speaking up. When is the last time you saw someone express a problem with their FoxPro call and someone from FoxPro told them not to send it back. Olympic Arms has been plagued with problems for years. "Hail Caesar" is not the only one that has had a problem with them. Olympic Arms guns are on our "you can not use" list at the office due to the problems that we have had with them.

Oly arms is non existent on this forum other than when they want to plug something. I have had emailed them questions and posted in their own thread on this site and they don't answer them.

When they popped in here announcing the UMAR a vendor said he was looking into carrying them. He does not carry them. I imagine he didn't want his reputation tied to theirs. Hum..

They have a total of 17 posts.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...5594&page=5

See for yourself how the customer service is. I myself have been waiting on answers in that thread. Really I don't care if I ever get them but my point has been made.

I'm keeping the 243WSM just joking with all the negative stuff. Will have to go down to Olympic Arms pick up a few things. Rick

I have an Oly Arms rifle that I am very happy with. It has run flawlessly since I bought it. After I got it I had a few questions so I PM'd Olympic through this site and got my answer in a couple hours. I have also e-mailed them a couple more times regarding the bore size of the gas block and the thread size of the barrel nut. They were quick to respond both times.

I would not hesitate to buy another Oly Arms. I am looking to buy an AR10 in a little and if they offered one I would buy it.

I do however think they dropped the ball on the OP's UMAR. I hope they honor their warranty and resolve the issues with that rifle. Even the best quality control programs are only as good as the employees implementing them. I am curious to see what unfolds, and wish the OP luck.

-Zero.

I am 1953 hunting partner. My gun to group at all. I havent noticed any damage to the rifle since I got it back with the new barrel. Had hoped it would be a shooter like Skinny's but no luck so far. Thanks for the load info. I have to say that I have left several massages for Andy at Oly Arms. With no responce. Not going to bash the whole company, but if I was running it I would probably have some test firing ammo around. I am to the point with my rifle that I am thinking of tearing it down and putting it back together. Loose barrel, over torged something or other. I have no idea, and the GUNSMITH doesnt return phone calls.

Originally Posted By: toro2269I am 1953 hunting partner. My gun to group at all. I havent noticed any damage to the rifle since I got it back with the new barrel. Had hoped it would be a shooter like Skinny's but no luck so far. Thanks for the load info. I have to say that I have left several massages for Andy at Oly Arms. With no responce. Not going to bash the whole company, but if I was running it I would probably have some test firing ammo around. I am to the point with my rifle that I am thinking of tearing it down and putting it back together. Loose barrel, over torged something or other. I have no idea, and the GUNSMITH doesnt return phone calls.

if you weren't so far away, I would consider taking a look @ yours, if the barrel is loose, I could simply vise it up and torque the barrel nut down... I'll measure my COAL and the length to the lands so you can tweak your load as needed.

Thanks Skinney, I dont want to throw any one under the bus but it is very frustrating to pay that kind of money for somehting that is so unreliable. I am happy that they sponsor this sport we all love so much. But I dont want anyone else having the problems I do. I noticed that Skinney's is number 123 what is your Kevin. Mine is number 11. Andy had told me that it was a chamber problem with mine the first time. I am wondering if they have made more changes since then. The only thing I ask is for them to make it right. If they can got someone that can shoot a 1" group with it at 100yards. I would be satisfided. I can shoot 3 shot group you can cover with a dime. And the next three you couldn't cover them with another target. Very wild. Just want everyone to know that 1953 and I are trying everything in our knowledge bank. If you have any suggestions I am open. I dont feel like sending it back agian. Unless I talked to Andy and he said "Oh yeah I know just what it is. We can have it back in a week or two. Not months.

toro2269 I hope someone here could tell us why the first fire case is pretty clean and the next 2,3,4,5 ect are so dirty and sticky. I mean they are really dirty. As another said when it ejects a fired case there are times it seems like it just falls straight down and other times has enough power to make it off the bench.

Back