your opinion on the absolute best rimfire barrel

1legmont

not sure if I'm in the right spot or even the right forum, but I am building a new rimfire and was hoping for some input on what is the best barrel to purchase and what twist. This is probably a war out subject but rather than file through all the posts trying to find some discussion I thought I would start a new topic.

Cheers

You didn't state what receiver you are using for your project and whether you are looking for a "pressed/pinned" setup or a "threaded" one. And are you talking for hunting purposes, target shooting or both? Benchmark does make very fine rimfire barrels, but I dare say Shilen, Broughton or Lilja (1:16 all the way to 1:18 if you like, although 1:17 shoots extremely well) builds Match Grade barrels that the target shooting serious competitors put on their custom rigs.

Last edited:
You should state your purpose just so the advice does not exceed what you need. My 17" Green Mountain Heavy Taper ($75) is shooting

i have a newengland simgle shot 223 heavy barrel how can i find what twest it has what amo would be good yotes how would you rate .

Back