remington 700 sps varmint stock replacement

dkarre

i have a sps varmint in .22-250 and am wanting to upgrade the cheap factory stock...this has been my do all rifle the past year so id like it to continue to be handy and not add to terrible much weight. i like the looks of the bench style stocks for hunting prairie dogs but dont know how they fair when carried around all day hunting coyotes. your guys experience is much needed and appreciated

stockeys
Bell & Carlson Sendaro / Varmint / Police Medalist Style 1 Remington 700 Short Action Rifle Stocks 2958 BDL & 2949 ADL

Perfect for the M700 PSS, Sendaro and Varmint Specials
For heavier barrels - Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty.

Contoured for Remington #3 varmint/police/sendaro barrels;
Widened beavertail forend for bench stability - open for 1.25" bulls;
Comes complete with Uncle Mikes' Swivel Studs Installed;
Aluminum Pillars (2949) or FULL Aluminum Bedding Block (2958);
Nice Pachmayr Decelerator pad on these Medalists.
The 2.25 lb aluminum-bedded 2958 is Remington's standard military / varmint / Sendaro stock and will take whatever your field duty can throw at it ... and then some ... for years to come. My Remington 700 Sendaro in SAUM came from the factory with one, as did the last 700 Police .308 I saw.

The ambedextrous grip is designed to keep the hand in precise alignment with the trigger. There is no raised cheekpiece so they work well in either hand, and the tapered butt design keeps recoil off your face. The forend is widened to a beavertail so they not only hold steady but are also scaled to look great with heavy barrels and provide for great stability off any rest or bipod. The drop-in design is factory-fit for the medium-heavy barrels found standard on 700 Police models, 700 SPS Varmint and Tactical, 700™ VTR etc. and is reputed to give you the free-floating barrel everyone seeks right out of the box. Snug the receiver screws to the precision aluminum bedding block and you'll see what your barreled action is really capable of.

The #2949 ADL is a specialized, ultralight 26 oz.(blind magazine) aluminum pillar bedded Medalist® stock Remington used to put on their $1040 Model 700™ LV SF (Light Varmint Stainless Fluted, black). I happen to like it but the 2958 and 2956 both outsell it these days. I suspect it's the blind magazine that steers folks away, because it sure is a nice, light stock and would be a top choice to lighten things up on any new coyote rifle.

Layers of hand-laid fiberglass and Aramid mats encased in a virtually indestructable carbon-composite shell results in not only a unit that will take just about anything your hunt can throw at you, but one of the finest fitting precision handles available for todays sporting arms. Bell & Carlson stocks are designed for a free-floating barrel, (some exceptions) and come in all the finishes, including the web and dipped-camouflage patterns. The spiderwebs offer improved gripping texture and look like about twice the money and are highly recommended.

Reliable over a temperature range of -50ºF to + 140ºF and all B&C stocks are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. Warranty card is included in the box with your purchase

i really like the hs precision stocks and id take it over a b&c everyday.... but ive been really eyeballing the greybull precison stock and think im going to put one on my next build... there kinda shaped like a mcmillian game scout.... check them out..

I would go with HS Precision also. But I think you can get the B&C a little cheaper. Watch in the classifieds they often pop up as good deal... Jason

Originally Posted By: smith1559I would go with HS Precision also. But I think you can get the B&C a little cheaper. Watch in the classifieds they often pop up as good deal... Jason

1+

I've got H-S Precison stocks on a couple of very accurate rifles and really like the quality of the build. Buy right and buy once!

Nothing wrong with trying to find a nice used one. They are built like tanks.

NB

Last edited:
here is a quick video i threw together comparing two Rem 700 22-250's the one i was running has the Manners T-5A, couldn't find a more comfortable stock IMHO.

Originally Posted By: smith1559I would go with HS Precision also. But I think you can get the B&C a little cheaper. Watch in the classifieds they often pop up as good deal... Jason i have a custom 250 with a b&c on it and im for sure goin with the manners t5a on the new build im doing now. i shot skinneys 260 with a t5a and it was a beautiful thing.

I sprung for the B&C Medalist and couldn't be happier. I like H-S but they are too expensive in my opinion.

Here's a pic of the finished rifle.

REMSPS.jpg

Originally Posted By: joedI sprung for the B&C Medalist and couldn't be happier. I like H-S but they are too expensive in my opinion.

quality comes with a price tag... im not saying the b&c are junk, im just saying nice stuff isnt cheap

hs precison stock

IMG_0176-1.jpg

Last edited:
thats a beautiful machine man im going to put a manners t5a on this build im getting ready to start just not sure what its going to be yet 6xc maybe. i have the nxs and can just need to build the gun now.

I also went with HS and couldnt be happier. I have my VTR .308 sitting in it and it made a world of difference from the tubbeware stock from the factory IMO. Then again Bell and Carlson, HS, Mcmillian will all be awesome upgrades from the Factory stock. Well worth the money IMO.

I have exactly the same rifle and stock as joed above. No complaints here. It did add a few oz. more weight, but was worth it in accuracy improvement; the vertical-grip models weigh more, I believe. Stocky's usually has deals on in-stock colors.

Last edited:
Back