Savage Axis Scope mount??

jhartwig24

I have a Savage Axis 22-250 that came with a cheap Bushnell scope. I just ordered a new scope for the gun, but what I want to know is, should I buy a new scope mount or should I keep the rings that came on the gun, and just put the new scope on the current rings? I was looking at the one piece ring mount from DNZ. But that is an extra $50 expense if you guys would think the rings on the gun would be good enough.

Thanks for the input!!

Originally Posted By: jhartwig24I have a Savage Axis 22-250 that came with a cheap Bushnell scope. I just ordered a new scope for the gun, but what I want to know is, should I buy a new scope mount or should I keep the rings that came on the gun, and just put the new scope on the current rings? I was looking at the one piece ring mount from DNZ. But that is an extra $50 expense if you guys would think the rings on the gun would be good enough.

Thanks for the input!!

If you can find them try using Leupold rings and bases.
thumbup.gif
I have a couple sets of the two piece mounts and I will use them again and again..A-1 quality . I also like the windage adjustments that they have built in..IMO

Originally Posted By: jhartwig24I have a Savage Axis 22-250 that came with a cheap Bushnell scope. I just ordered a new scope for the gun, but what I want to know is, should I buy a new scope mount or should I keep the rings that came on the gun, and just put the new scope on the current rings? I was looking at the one piece ring mount from DNZ. But that is an extra $50 expense if you guys would think the rings on the gun would be good enough.

Thanks for the input!!

Our most popular EGW scope base is by far the Savage Axis Mount:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Savage_Axis_Edge_Picatinny_Rail_Mount_p/egw-418.htm

Most of our customers have standard guns though and most likely not the Combo version. The base will give more mounting options for optics.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just got a new Redfield Revolution scope. 4x12x40 and it will not fit on my savage axis with the rings that came on the gun. So now I have to choose whether to go with the picatinny rail, or get the DNZ one piece. Anyone have experience with this scope and gun together??
If so...what did you find that works the best?

Thanks, Jake

Back