Benelli Shooter's Sound Off

SuperNova with 28" barrel and Kick’s Gobble Thunder .670” ported choke that extends from the barrel approximately 1 3/8"

I got a SBEII.I have ran duck loads down to dove loads. One hic-up came when the gun slipped of my hunting coat pass shooting teal. Operator induced. Looking to pick up an M2 Tactical for 3 gun and predators.

I love my M2 Tactical, great set of factory sights, and the pistol grip helps with both recoil and control. Will shoot birdshot to slugs with NO issues. With the full choke tube installed it will put about 7 pellets of #4 buck on a paper plate at 50 yards (Remington buffered, 3in, 41pellets). One of the best predator guns that I have!

b7589d33.jpg

24in sbe2 the first month they came out. only time i ever had any money. best i ever spent. only problem ever is when i tried to close it quietly and didn't lock it up. cost me a nice tom. now i make very sure its all the way forward.

One thing I totally forgot about when I posted earlier in this thread is a bunch of us went to Mound City, Missiouri snow goose hunting. Great time, but the mud was the worst thing I have ever experienced, lol. Long story short I had my SBE hanging on my back pack for the walk out, got to the truck realized it wasnt there. Walked back out to the middle of the field where I found it sticking straight up stuck in the mud barrel first!!

All of us had to clean our guns that night, but I think mine took the cake. Got to our room and totally submerged it in water in the bath tub.

Even as dirty as it was before getting dropped in the mud, the hundreds of rounds that went through that gun hunting and it never misfired. After that trip ill never own anything but a Benelli for my shotgun.

I had one of the original SBE's with the safety on the rear of the trigger guard. Used to beat up my ring finger to the point of exposing bone. Also, the choke threw a terrible pattern but worst of all the pattern shot about 1 1/2'low and 1 1/2' to the right. Before you say it's operator error I was a AA class, 27 yard trap shooter and have hunted waterfowl and upland birds all of my life. I also had other experienced shotgun shooters with more impressive credentials than mine pattern the gun with the same result.

I called Benelli USA and they had no interest in making it right. They told me that European shotguns were made to shoot low. I've owned three Perazzis and they surely did not. A friend who wanted a Benelli SBE to convert to some kind of tactical weapon which included putting a different barrel on it made me an offer and I shed myself of the gun and bought a Winchester SuperX2 and have not been disappointed by it.

Now I know that Benelli quit making the SBE like my old one and their factory service surely had to improve because I hear so many experienced fowlers bragging about their Benellis but I can't bring myself to get another one.

Oh yes......Mine jammed more than once.

I have had a nova since they first came out. Had it bout 10 or 11years I guess its the best shotgun I have ever owned. It's 24 in barrel and been though [beeep] and half of Georgia and still goin strong.

I've owned my go-to Benelli for many years now. It is an M1 Super 90, I had to replace my spring in the stock 2 years back, due to corrosion issues. Other than that, it has been flawless. I also have 2 M2s, a Montefeltro 20 gauge, and I sold my M2 Tactical (just never used it much).

My biggest complaint is, they just cost too darn much. Whoever has my Old M1 Super 90, can give it back at anytime as well. It was stolen my freshman year of college.

SBE II. I had a few glitches with light loads when I first got it but after break in, I can't remember a mifire. I love mine.

Back