My FN Five-Seven exploded

Originally Posted By: fair_chaseSurgery set for Feb 27 to transplant nerve tissue from leg to thumb and palm area.

Best of luck to you on the upcoming surgery. I'm sure the docs will make it good as new!

Originally Posted By: RubenatorTell them you will settle for a new gun and a life time supply of ammo.lol

Ewwww, I don't think I would ever want another FN anywhere near me after an experiance this that. I'd take the ammo though.
smile.gif

Best of luck.I am sure they will get you fixed up fine.Thoughts will be with you.I am having a little work done same day.Hope they find what they are looking for on you and hope they don't find anything on me.

Last edited:
In all serousness how did the Fast Fire do through all of that? Five Seven with a Fast Fire and a 30rnd mag must have been great. For awhile..

Good luck with the surgery!!!

I own a Five Seven and i also have had a problem before with factory ammo. The problem is that FN is the only maker of that round. At 20-30 dollars a box you would think they could come with some better quality. I will be reloading my own from now on. Good luck with the surgery. Let us know what FN has to say.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerIn all serousness how did the Fast Fire do through all of that? Five Seven with a Fast Fire and a 30rnd mag must have been great. For awhile..

Good luck with the surgery!!!

The Burris FF II appears to have survived. I have another on a PMR30 and it makes for a great combo.

Im really looking close at one of the PMR30's. What do you think of it? I'm kind of guilty on this one, I would own one already if it had any other name than Keltec on it...

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotes
Ewwww, I don't think I would ever want another FN anywhere near me after an experiance this that. I'd take the ammo though.
smile.gif

Exactly how I felt when my Baby Eagle blew up on me.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerIm really looking close at one of the PMR30's. What do you think of it? I'm kind of guilty on this one, I would own one already if it had any other name than Keltec on it...

The PMR30 is a very fun pistol. Kel-Tec went through a few revisions on the pistol but seems to now have it right. They are difficult to find unless you are will to pay $150+ more through GB.

Man, that was nasty. Hope you heal quickly.

Just don't tell them you had been shooting hand loads, even if it was a factory round that did the damage.

DAB

I would find every shred of evidence backing your statement of those firearms firing out of battery. Then compile that and have an attorney on standby.

You will likely never hear from Browning or FN again.

Of course, they will just blame it on the ammo manufacture and the ammo manufacture will blame in on the weapon manufacture, then they will both blame you for shooting an improperly maintained weapon.

Good luck and I hope you heal fast and 100 percent.

Originally Posted By: FALFireI would find every shred of evidence backing your statement of those firearms firing out of battery. Then compile that and have an attorney on standby.

Of course, they will just blame it on the ammo manufacture and the ammo manufacture will blame in on the weapon manufacture, then they will both blame you for shooting an improperly maintained weapon.

Look who makes the factory ammo.

Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMSOriginally Posted By: FALFireI would find every shred of evidence backing your statement of those firearms firing out of battery. Then compile that and have an attorney on standby.

Look who makes the factory ammo.

Fiocchi.

Surgery went well yesterday. Repaired the severed nerves and removed most of the schrapnel. It will be a few weeks until it is determined to what degree the surgery was successful.

handrepair.jpg

I assume the photo is from the surgery and not the initial injury. Is that correct?
Anyway, good luck and get well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: irright I assume the photo is from the surgery and not the initial injury. Is that correct?
Anyway, good luck and get well.

Yes.

Back