Tikka M595 Vs Tikka T3........?

dan brothers

What are the differances between the Tikka M595 and the Tikka T3... besides the T3 being a pound lighter....? Is one model preferred over the other.

Thanks...Dan

Last edited:
I have a M695 and a T-3, so I think I can speak to the
differences. The M695/595 are separate actions, with the M695
being the long action and the M595 being a true short action.
The T-3 is a long action, with a bolt stop for the short
action sized cartridges. The M695/595 have an open top
ejection port, and the T-3 has a closed top, side ejection
port. The T-3 is difficult to load through the ejection port,
the Mx95 series is not. The M695 has a metal sided box
magazine, and the M595 has a plastic magazine, similar to the
T-3. Both have excellent factory adjustable triggers.

IMHO the M695/M595 is a step up from the T-3 series, in
esthetics, but in function, they both have nice triggers,
slick actions, and shoot itty bitty groups on average.

Squeeze

Squeeze pretty much nailed it. The only thing I would add is that the stock on the 595/695 is a lot thicker in the grip area than the T3. I like the thinner stock on the T3. I have 2 595's and 3 T3's. All have nice triggers.

I too have several of both 595, and t3 in small bolt face configurations and the above is all true. The t3 is a long action for all calibers. Its not an issue as i built a 17 rem off a t3 223 and swapped synthetic for a wood stock. Shoots 1/4 inch groups, and reciever was in no real need of truing for the rebarrel. That said, the 595 actions have a slight edge for installing a heavier barrel as the actions are heavier, and stocks are thicker for still having meat left after hogging out the channel for a bigger barrel. Clips arent cheap for either too.

sounds like I should be getting that 595 that I've been looking at. I"d jump all over it if was a 243... but it's a 22-250.. with a 14 twist... which would make me stay with very small bullets.

anyone have any thoughts about that.... thanks...Dan

All of my .22-250 rifles have been 1-14. I believe savage makes a 1-12. Other than that it is custom.
With bullet selection it has proven to be enough for up to deer size game and more.
50 and 55 gr bullets in different configurations are very effective at quite a distance.

I spoke to Savage rep the other day about getting one of their higher dollar 22-250s. He indicated that they can be ordered with a faster twist. I believe that he mentioned 1-9 and 1-8.

I bought a lefty 595 22-250 wood stock yesterday off gunbrokers for 490.00,,, but it will cost about 560.00 with shipping and ffl fees... I hope it's worth it. That may be too much.. but lefties are hard to fine... so I bit the bullet... I wish it was a 243... oh well... maybe get one in the future... thanks so much Guys for your imput.. it's always helpful... Dan

I hope I did... I just gotta get away from righty rifles.... I can shoot them okay...but with deer and hogs.. it's fine when there is no need of a second fast shot... but with yotes... you gotta always be ready for quicker action... I even bought rem 742 243 semi auto for 300.00...

Back