Coyote light

If you consider the scanning light does more the work load, that seems like a fair price until more red LED headlamps hit the market. I see more eyes with the light on my head than using a hand held light, and there is far less movement. I tried a flashlight on a strap and there is to much spill. On your forehead it is easier to operate the switch, than a flashlight on top of your head with the switch in the rear.

Last edited:
That thing had better shoot them for me too.....what the heck? I can almost buy all of the popular lights together and do a comparison for that money....actually, I think I can do that!

I bought one two weeks ago and love it. Cost more but made in the states, not bought over seas and relabled. Their claim of 30 hours hunting time is before a charge is dead on. I was tired of buying batteries and short run times with my old lights. I've lit fox up at 5-6 hundred yards (they claim 750) and its completely dimmable. The distance claims on my other lights were at full power only, the coyote light runs at 100% brightness untill it shuts off which has not happend to me yet. I use to use a head lamp to scan but I was moving to much and getting busted to see behind me. I like my light on a mono pod with spikes to stick in the ground (when not frozen) with a twist of the wrist and with a fraction of head movement I can see 360 degrees. I'm not thrilled with their scope mount (needs a wrench) but it works.

If you use a mono pod and a twist of the wrist to see 360 degrees it would seem you would have to move your body or illuminate yourself. Seems like more movement than would be needed to scan with a head light since with a head light you're above guns, hunters, etc.

I'd like to see some pics of this light in action and still need someone to convince me why I need a $400 shooting light. I know you may be able to see eyes or a body from long distances but you can only shoot so far. What's the life on the batteries and how much does it cost to replace them when they can't hold a charge anymore?

Kel I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by his scanning method. I use a headlamp and a stool with a swivel seat and slowly spin and scan 360 degrees with minimul movement and both my hands are free.

There's nothing more my $30 lights could do to help my predator hunting, why would I spend $400.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TFC2223XYou say that now Chet but, you are a light addict! One is already probably ordered. lol

Kirk McKendree
I'm currently in "light therapy". Didn't order one yet.
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: beaglerOriginally Posted By: jim byingtonlittle pricey
+1

a little pricey is a gross understatement

that thing better have four wheels for that outragious price..

or

be able to pour me a drink after a hunt

Originally Posted By: spur taker I'm not thrilled with their scope mount (needs a wrench) but it works.

They should not market and sell a scope-mounted red light if they were truly safety conscious.

People may shoot other people's eyes out..

Breaks the Gun-safety 101 rule IMO...

Chet are you trying to convince me or you. lol you can't resist lol. You need a part time job to fund your light spending. lol

Kirk McKendree

Back