Benelli Shooter's Sound Off

Another Benelli nut here M1 super 90 12ga has been my do all shot gun since day 1 bought back in 97 i believe.This past dec just bought a M2 20ga 24in barrel APG camo for a light weight grouse buster. Gonna be tough not grabbing the trusty M1 all the time! So M1 12 and M2 20 for me. Wouldn't mind a SBE2 also!

Originally Posted By: rynokronNova for me.

Same here. Had it for about ten years now and been through its fair share of very wet turkey seasons. Never an issue. Taken my fair share of crows with it as well.

on my second super black eagle 2!!! i went with the 24in barrel this time and even picked up the matching slug barrel too... love it.. im sporting a bushnell holosight on mine...

ok so i always wanted a sbe, now i want a sbe or m2, but heres the prob, bought a stoger m2000 afew yrs ago and have a few probs.....the main one is cycling, it fires,ejects, chambers, but the bolt doesnt travel far enough to cock the hammer, endening up in 5 or 6 very important follow up shots, on preds, this w/ various loads ......i relize this is a very low end benelli, but the design is identical to an m2/sbe.... please tell me this a one in a hundred prob w/ the intertia driven benilli line.......

Benelli's and stoegers are nothing alike except they are owned buy the same company. They are on completely different levels. I love most benelli shotguns and you couldn't give me a stoeger. Many of my hunting partners shoot benelli (M1, M2, SBE, SBEII, Ultralight, Vinci) and a few fellas were unfortunate enough to buy a stoeger thinking they were getting a benelli. This deer season it got fairly cold and the fella with the stoeger's gun turned into a signle shot and the benelli kept on working. I have used and abused my SBE2 but it functions every year all year.

My intertia gun has never failed me but I ALWAYS keep it clean and maintain it because it is a fairly large investment. Every hunting season I make a point to tear the gun completely apart and clean (even the tube and spring in the stock) Run it a fairly dry and break it in right and you will not have problems.

The deciding factor you need to make is whether you want to be able to shoot 3.5" shells or not. If you can get buy with out, get the M2 or a M1 if you want to save some money.

I say this and I will probably get attacked by the stoeger guys or who ever else, but its all in my experience. I have owned, shot, or been around almost every variety. The Benelli is the only thing that did not get sold. Take it for what its worth

I have 3 M1s ----a 12ga 24"/ a 20ga 26"/ and a M-1 tactical and if anything happened to them I would go out and buy one the next day!

Originally Posted By: Varmint MasterBenelli's and stoegers are nothing alike except they are owned buy the same company.
+1
Here's my SBE 2.
P5260342.jpg

PB190467.jpg

P1070504.jpg

I have had a SBE since they came out. I hate to admit that in the 8-10 years I have had it....... I have never cleaned it and it has NEVER jammed.

This year I bought a SBE II in camo strictly as a calling gun. I installed a Burris Speed Bead on it.

The problem with owning a Benelli is that it kills any rational reasons to own anything else.

the action portion on the m2/m2000 look to me to be very similiar, thats why i stated what i did, ....but im gonna take the good advice off this thread and move up to a m2 or sbe, if it every acts the way the stoger does on occasion i will never own another recoil operated other than an a-5 or a-5 variant.... thx for the info guys!

Back