.243 Compensator UPDATE: taking it off??????

swanny8

I have a dpms in a 243 with a Miculek Compensator. It is very loud is they anything besides a suppressor that will quite it down a bit? And how do I find out the thread and size? Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: swanny8I have a dpms in a 243 with a Miculek Compensator. It is very loud is they anything besides a suppressor that will quite it down a bit? And how do I find out the thread and size? Thanks

A Miculek comp will be very loud compared to any other muzzle attachment. To make it quieter to your ear most any other comp will be better than what you currently have. A linear comp will probably help the most, as it directs noise away from the shooter.

Checkout the Kies Linear Compensator. You would want the 5/8x24 thread version of any comp, which will match your barrel.

+1 on what Joebob said, anything would be quieter than what's on there. You could also get a simple thread protector and save a little weight while you're at it.

How do i get this off?? I put barrel in a vice and still couldnt get it off. Is it reversed threaded?? Should I heat it up??

+3 on joe bobs.I changed mine a couple of weeks ago.Alot better on the ears.What i did was take some spring steel put it thru the muzzel brake bend it in half and use a pipe wrench.It was very hard to get off.Regular threads (lefty lucy).

Back