Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#216395 - 12/14/02 05:35 PM Colorado Lion Hunting
Looking for lions. Offline

I am going to try calling in some lions this year. I live in Colorado and can't use electronic calls. Does anyone have any suggestions. I hear that female and young lion sounds work great for bringing cats in, but I can't find any mouth blown calls that do this. If anyone has suggestions on what calls to use, I would really appreciate the advice.
Thanks,
Chris

#216396 - 12/14/02 10:50 PM Re: Colorado Lion Hunting
Bob Mc Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Fort Jones, California, USA
Lions will come to the same mouth blown distress calls that you use for coyotes or any other predators. Good luck.

#216397 - 12/15/02 12:30 AM Re: Colorado Lion Hunting
Locohead Offline
Seasoned Member

LfL,

I think there may be a mistake in the brochure. I called a DOW biologist I know and she siad that she would look into it for me. The regulations state that can use an automatic caller for bobcats in the small game brochure. The mtn. Lion brochure says cannot use them. What the heck are you supposed to do if you are out calling bobcats and lion comes in?!?! Maybe I shouldn't complain. They might just make it illegal to use them for bobcats. But then what do you do if your calling coyotes with one and a bob' comes in?!?! Illegal for coyotes next? Oh man, I should of never said a word :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ?

#216398 - 12/16/02 07:45 AM Re: Colorado Lion Hunting
Looking for lions. Offline

Thanks for the info guys. I'll let you know how things work out. Let me know what you find out about the electronic calls. It would be nice if I could use them.

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.