Benelli Shooter's Sound Off

I have 2 Benelli Montefeltro's, a 12 and 20. I figured those two shotguns will cover everything I will probably ever do and sold my others. Not the latest and greatest, but nice guns.

All my autos are Benelli. I have a SBE, a M2, and a M1 20 gauge for my wife. I love em! Im really wanting a SBE2 even though i don't really need it.

love my sbe II, I have shot thousands of rounds of cheapo hi dram dove loads out of it and has never once had any issues. Also patterns 4 buck exactly to POA, which I cant say for a couple other 3.5" mag guns I have had.

Well, first of all I gotta say they cost way too dang much!!
Now, after getting that off my chest, I have 3 of the M1 Super 90's.
I've killed a pile of critters and broke a bunch of clay birds with them in the last 10 years or so, and I've never had a single malfunction.

Did I say they cost way too dang much?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeJeff, atleast you don't need a NF for each one !
w00t.gif

Nope, just an EoTech for the one I turkey hunt with.
The other 2 I can shoot equally poorly with no sight at all!
laugh.gif

sbe2 for me , had one issue with it , had some old hevi - shot from when it first came out , burned very dirty and while shooting pheasants , ducks , and geese in Kansas it just hated them and jammed after every shot ... it loves hevi-metals though !

i just got some #4 buck im gonna pattern out of a strait heat choke tube and see what i get .. i know it used to shoot 00buck with a wad wizard choke real well

Ackley man...did you run 100 rounds of heavy loads through it right out pf the box after a thorough cleaning? We have broke in countless benellis like this and never had an issue. Ever. Ill be burried with my sbe2.

An older H&K model SBE for me. The one that'll hold the bonus 4th shot. Never cheated though, all I use it for is Turkeys.

I forgot to add this. The only odd thing my SBE has ever done in about 14 years is one time (and only one time)in probably the second or third year I owned it the darn thing went full auto on me. I swear it"s true, don't know how or why but I shot a Turkey and noticed kind of an extra amount of THUMP, didn't pay a lot of attention to it, more to the flopping Tom. After collecting the bird I came back to my setup to collect my gear. I always pick up my empty hull as a souvenir. When I located it, at about 4:00 o'clock and 6 or 7 ft away as always, there were 2 hulls laying there a foot or so apart. Both were my brand and shot size, shiny new. I stood there kind of dumbfounded and then checked my gun, one in the chamber and none in the magazine. It had rippled off 2 shots so fast I didn't even realize it.

It's never happened again and I've tried to make it so. I don't know if I accidently feathered the trigger just right and fired two shots so close together I wasn't concious of it, or it just went full auto, but it happened and it's still a mystery to me why.

Anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Last edited:
Already got one,
Here, up north; I was waterfowling big time few years ago.
During prime time hunting season, was shooting at least 200 rounds/week of 3 inch Mag shotshell for those bid high flying ducks and honkers. Tried the 3.5 inch, but the F...Recoil was a nightmare.And required the assistance of Mr. Advil more then once I then limited myself to the 3 inch max. Something 2 3/4 for close encounter like the evening blue wings tails pass.
Even If I add the Mercury recoil buffer device, after one full season and trying friend’s shotgun and vice-versa:
I sold it, It was not more reliable the my body’s shotgun ( Beretta-Win)
I then choose the Winchester X-2, which I Still possess and still Love him, way smoother and forgiving and as reliable and easy to maintain.
My X-2 is getting very old, fired a lot and plan to eventually replace him, probably for a Beretta Extrema, I don’t like the safety and the vent rib, but his so sweet to shoot too, especially with the Kick-Off, which is very effective for the over head pass.

Supersport, Cordoba, M1 Field and an M1 Super 90 in camo. I shoot a lot of trap with the Supersport. Uplands with the Cordoba.

I have a black synthetic, left handed 12g M2, and a left handed 12g Montefeltro.
I've been considering duracoating the Montefeltro, but I just can't bring myself to "paint" that pretty satin wood. I may just duracoat the barrel and action and use it exclusively as my predator hunting shotgun. ..decisions...decisions...decisions.

Back