RRA it IS !! Now what One, Predator Pursuit or Adv, Tactical Hunter

zr800

Called the Rep tonight and He told me to look at the RRA ATH Advanced Tactical Hunter as an Option also.
ATH : 18" Heavy Match S.S.1/8 twist,2 Stage NM Trgr,
RRA advanced half Quad Free Float w/3 Ladder covers.
RRA Operator CAR Stock 6-Position, Choice of Grips,RRA,Hogue with Flash Hider. Complete rifle, $1039. Upper $639,Shipped

RRA Predator Pursuit: Stock 20", $880 Shipped.
Set up the Same way as ATH, $1125 Shipped, Upper $569. Shppd?
The BIG Difference Between the 2 Is 20" vs 18" and 10oz's wght.
and $160.00 Any Opinions.
with all the "Extra's" the 18" is a Good Deal, If you added all that to the P.P it would be another$80-$100

Do you think the 18" Heavy Match Would be enough out two 300 yd Kills?
How about Punching Paper at Longer Ranges?
Thanks for all the INput on the Bushy/RRA
I already have a Good AR for Defense use.

Thanks for all the Help. I am glad I joined to get the Good Information. Thanks Again. Paul

If it were me I would lean towards the 20 inch BBl. (a 20" .223 is actually next on my build list.) Either one will get you out to 300 yards. You would be giving up about 75-100 FPS. If that is not significant to you then get the 18.

Have a varmint 20 eop rra and a 18 inch ath rra both group equally well paper,steel, fur. Ath set up with 1-4 leupold. Eop has 4-16 sightron. Really like the ath for everything but pure bench work. Both will shoot 55-77 grain pills, but really shine with 69 and 77 smk. My choice would be the ath, then swap out the tactical muzzle brake for a Smith vortex. The brake the the gun comes with is loud and really flashes at night. If you are down to these two there is not a bad choice. Have fun.

Get the ATH because im ordering a PP this week
laugh.gif

Predator pursuit without a doubt. Do a search on here.. Tons of guys praising them and not anything bad to say about them. I have one and have for several years and love it.

I have the RRA PP in a 16" and it's a .350@100 yards with hand loads. Off the bench inches do not add up to accuracy, just 50-100 more fps speed. I really like the 16" for hunting. For 600-1000yard target shooting I'd want the longest barrel I could get.

If I was in the market again I'd get the model that is lighter...those oz's add up fast.

I agree with Hail on the quad rail weight. To me it just seems clunky and awkward. It is hard to beat the standard 20" PP with the standard free float tube. The 20" PP is the Mercedes of AR's IMO. Plus if you live in a state where you can run a suppressor, get it threaded and get it suppressed. You will love that.

Originally Posted By: 223PeteI agree with Hail on the quad rail weight. To me it just seems clunky and awkward. It is hard to beat the standard 20" PP with the standard free float tube. The 20" PP is the Mercedes of AR's IMO. Plus if you live in a state where you can run a suppressor, get it threaded and get it suppressed. You will love that.

I just ordered the 20" PP. Can you get it threaded for a Smith Vortex? If so I may try and add this to the specs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris PlatteIf you dont mind me asking where did you find the RRA Predator Pursuit: Stock 20", $880 Shipped???

or the upper for $569?

Originally Posted By: Chris PlatteIf you dont mind me asking where did you find the RRA Predator Pursuit: Stock 20", $880 Shipped???

Originally Posted By: dishguyOriginally Posted By: Chris PlatteIf you dont mind me asking where did you find the RRA Predator Pursuit: Stock 20", $880 Shipped???

or the upper for $569?

Talk to Pete at www.ar15sales.com

I plan on ordering a 20" predator pursuit from him in the very near future.

Back