Burris Fullfield E1 opinions

rocktire

Just recieved my burris fullfield E1 3-9X40mm. It is a great looking scope. I like the ballistic reticle except for the size. It seems very tight to me. I haven't got to go try it out at the range yet. Just wondering who all has them and what you think of it. So far I think it is a great buy for $200.

I like mine, reticle takes a little adjusting to get used to. On mine, the edges tend to get a bit distorted at 9x power. other than that i like the scope a lot.

I think the windage dots are going to be really hard to see. Can't wait to get it to the range to see what it looks like

Just put one on my AR and so far it's great. I really like the view without the reticles obscurring the view, especially when scanning a treeline. Got it sighted in and shot a group with some JUNK russian ammo. It was baseball sized(which is good) and then shot a 3 round group of 53 gr. Superformance. I got a 1 1/16" group out of that. Almost MOA! And thats with a 16" pencil barrel. Shot the first coyote last thursday at about 120 yards. It's early, but so far I love it.

Burris dots are for a 10mph cross wind. You can do the samething by canting your scope 10 degrees.

Buy a Mil-Dot scope and learn how to use it. Makes more sense to me. Burris has a few with Mil-Dot. I like the leupold but both are okay.

I was hopeful after the review it got in the Outdoor Life equipment comparison tests. After handling a few different copies in the store I thought the reticle was a little too fine to stand out in lower light or against a darker shade target. The reticle on the new Eliminator III looks pretty cool, but I don't know if it's on any other models.

Mine is installed on a Bushmaster, and when they work, they are great. However I had issues with POI shifting after riding in the trunk for a week.
After that, taken to the range, the rifle just would not group and the average POI was shifted 1.5" and the group would be like 2". Once I tweak the windage turret the POI would jump back where it should have been, and the group would come back to 0.75" for 5 shots, like it should be.
No idea why this happens.
Other than this and the field curvature, I like the Burris for the toughness. The field curvature and the tiny amount of parallax that is not correctable with the AO that my scope has, makes me think I wouldn't hurry back to buy another.

PD,

I'd be happy to replace that scope for you. I wouldn't mind having your scope so I can tear it apart and find out what is really going on with it. I'll leave it up to you.

BO, thank you. It might be fair to evaluate the rifle-mount-scope as a combo in case the fault is not in the E1. Or, I could take the scope off but that of course would disconnect the two linked variables.
I am not sure if this issue repeats every time; so far I had it happen twice. I wish I had a recipe for reliably reproducing the problem.
In any case, based on other's reports, I actually always thought Burris would take care of me if I asked for help, I just never did. I appreciate your response.

P.S. This is what the group looked like straight from the trunk. The one in the orange is after twirling the windage knob. All shots from 100 yards.
berger_sierra.gif

Last edited:
Just saw that Cabelas has a Burris E1 3-9x40 online sale only for $119. Just an fyi. May have been the standard plex reticle.

Back