Newby? New AR, RRA or Bushy

zr800

I am thinking of buying a "Predator Rifle" in 18"-20"
This has probably been brought up but I cannot find it on here,
So, Is the RRA Predator Pursuit 20" Upper the way to go with aA2 NM 2, 2 stage Trigger,Or a Busmaster Predator complete in
20" Fluted with 2 stage trigger?
We can't Hunt at Night with a Rifle here so I guess a Flash Suppressor is not Neccessary. The Biggest Difference is the NAMES, and Stainless steel barrel vs Moly chromed Fluted Barrel, Both have a 2 stage Match Trigger and both are around the Same Price.
I want something that is going to shoot out to 400-500 yards with 1" Accuracy with Factory Ammo, Is there such a Choice among these 2?
This will be my First LONG Range AR, I have had a entry 16" basic ar that shoots 1/2" groups at 100yds with AE 193 55gr Factory Ammo.
I can get both Guns for about the same price.
Thank You for Sharing any Lessons or any Input, I have learned that Experience is the Best Teacher.
Thanks Again. Paul

Last edited:
1-1.5" at 4-500yds
Am I being unreasonable of an AR?
I only Really know of the Capabilities of my Bolt guns.
The RRA Dist said Prices went up this Morning, $5-$30 on SOme Weapons. Wait Time is 6-8 Weeks on the Predator and Natnl. Match series.
To be Realistic, I want to be able to shoot 55 gr to 72 Grn Bullets out to 250-300yds for Kills and Punch Paper with Accuracy at 4-500yds, Is this Possible? Or do I need to slap myself and realize I am dreaming unless I have a "Custom" Built Rifle?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zr8001-1.5" at 4-500yds
The RRA Dist said Prices went up this Morning, $5-$30 on SOme Weapons. Wait Time is 6-8 Weeks on the Predator and Natnl. Match series.
To be Realistic, I want to be able to shoot 55 gr to 72 Grn Bullets out to 250-300yds for Kills and Punch Paper with Accuracy at 4-500yds, Is this Possible? Or do I need to slap myself and realize I am dreaming unless I have a "Custom" Built Rifle?
Thanks.

Yes

I have the RRA Predator Pursuit 16" carbine. It will shoot one hole groups at 100 yds with reloads. I don't have a clue what she'll do at 500 yds. But I doubt it would be 1"

I also think the RRA is the way to go. I have an A4 Varmint and it shoots great. It hangs right in there with a couple White Oaks that my buddies have. The bead blasted barrel and chrome bolt are pretty cool options too.

Originally Posted By: zr8001-1.5" at 4-500yds
Thanks.

UMM, Yes This, Quote:1-1.5" at 4-500yds Is unreasonable, regardless of platform, I'll assume you are joking there.

This,

Quote:I want to be able to shoot 55 gr to 72 Grn Bullets out to 250-300yds for Kills and Punch Paper with Accuracy at 4-500yds,

Is easily done with the AR platform.

Other than that, of the 2 you listed take the Rock River. My limited experience with Bushmaster was NOT confidence inspiring.

Last edited:
I'll go against the RRA fanboys, and say Bushmaster. I have the varminter and it has shot under an inch everything I have fed it, it shoots under 3/8 easy with reloads. I also have an $250 16 in DSArms upper and it shoots about an inch as well. RRA shoot good as well, just depends on the roll mark you want on it. Personally I don't pay premiums for roll marks anymore, I buy the parts I want and build the rifle I want on the cheapest lower I can find. Out of the two you listed they will more than likely have fairly identical accuracy and velocity.

As stated earlier, I can't help but think you are overestimating the accuracy of factory ammo.

Just My 2 $0.01.

Back