6x18x40 Nikon Buckmasters

coythtr

Anyone use 1 of these on hunting gun, The huge turrets are a turn off for me.
Thought about putting on my AR but looks to small. (To much gap between handguard and scope).Its a RR Varmint w 1pc RR mount.

Last edited:
I have two(2)- on a RR EOP Varmint and CZ 527 Varmint in .204.

Don't know or care about looks as work well for me. I have the NikkoPlex reticle..have a couple of PD shooting friends both with target dot who hate them as subtends too much of small targets at distance. They both shoot them well..maybe just enjoy whining.

I use the 6-18x BM MD on a prairie dog gun and the 4.5-14 BM MD as a predator hunting scope. IMO opinion this is the perfect application for these optics.

I have one also. Had it on 2 AR15s, .243 a .223 and now on my 7mm-08. I like the dials for ease of dialing in my ranges. I have the mil dot one also.

I have two Buckmasters 6x18, both have dot reticles. Love them. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for in a scope. The tall turrents may be an issue for one application and great for another.

I have them mounted on two Remington Senderos, one a 6mm06 and the other a 7mm STW. Great scopes in my opinion. Mine also have 1/8" adjustment.

I have that exact scope with the BDC reticle on my 25/06, absolutely love it. Clear, eye relief is excellent and doesn't get touchy when turned clear up to 18x. I really like the extra references the BDC provides, shot a nice whitetail buck this year at @ 450 yards. Put the 400 yard circle on it's back and squeezed the trigger, and hit it in the heart with the first shot. I'd shot out to 300 yards after dialing in using their "Spot-on" program and found it to be really close, and so trusted it enough to feel comfortable using the 400 yard reference on an animal. I've always hated having to hold over when shooting at distance, even if you know the drop it is still tough to hold over the right amount. If you're going to be shooting some distance I'd definitely recommend getting the BDC reticle. I have heard some complaints about the size of the circles (to big and cover up the target), but I don't find them a problem. I use the very bottom of the circle as the reference.

Back