My FN Five-Seven exploded

That is down right UGLY
Sure does remind us all that our sport and hobbie can be dangerous and we must be very carefull.
Now get well and get back to doing what we all enjoy.
Best to ya.

I wish you the best on the surgery, i had this happen many years ago with a rifle, it caused the same problems you have now. The problem with mine was that it did fire out of battery loading two rounds at one time.

The second round of course set off the first round and the bolt set off the second with pretty much the same results you show here.

After many surgeries i got the use of my right hand 90% back however there is still sharpnel in it because it may caused more nerve damage at that time to try to remove it.

This was back in the mid 60's so you can live with that brass in there if need be. Again, best of luck with with the surgery and let us know how stand up fn turns out to be.

Originally Posted By: bluealteredI wish you the best on the surgery, i had this happen many years ago with a rifle, it caused the same problems you have now. The problem with mine was that it did fire out of battery loading two rounds at one time.

The second round of course set off the first round and the bolt set off the second with pretty much the same results you show here.

After many surgeries i got the use of my right hand 90% back however there is still sharpnel in it because it may caused more nerve damage at that time to try to remove it.

This was back in the mid 60's so you can live with that brass in there if need be. Again, best of luck with with the surgery and let us know how stand up fn turns out to be.

was yours from a FN also?

Hope all goes well with your healing process, That looks like she really came apart and worse could of happened, good luck

Best wishes on the surgery. And I hope FN sends support rather
than attorneys.

I had a 9mm case head failure, in a Browning pistol. Fortunately
for me the failure wasn't this catastrophic, and the pistol
contained the blast. The blast drove the magazine follower into
the mag floor plate, destroying the mag, and put some new bend
angles on the extractor. I had new mags, and new extractors, so
after a thorough inspection, a new mag, and a new extractor,
the pistol was back in service. I did give my hand a few
days to stop buzzing, but all was good in the end.

I hope your adventure ends well.

Squeeze

When, FN contacts you they will want you to send them the gun. If you have any permananent damage and are even remotely considering a claim for damages, DO NOT SEND THEM THE GUN! One of my shooting buddies had the same thing happen with a glock (factory ammo), he sent the gun off, his lawyer wants it back and they claim they further damaged it during testing so it can not be used as evidence. Its a major mess. Tell them, they can come and examine it at your lawyers office. Good Luck.

I am guessing they are going to fault you for using reloads. I am willing to bet that in the literature supplied with the gun that it says do not shoot reloads. Gives them a lot of outs if there guns fail. Hope you heal up quickly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^^^^**^^^
Sad but likely true. Plausible deniability. Hopefully they will take care of you. But...time will tell.

Heal up, quick. Let that be your focus, not the gun.

That...is some good advice. Even if they do the right thing and you dont pursue anything, its still a smart move.
Good luck and speedy recovery.

Originally Posted By: jcs271When, FN contacts you they will want you to send them the gun. If you have any permananent damage and are even remotely considering a claim for damages, DO NOT SEND THEM THE GUN! One of my shooting buddies had the same thing happen with a glock (factory ammo), he sent the gun off, his lawyer wants it back and they claim they further damaged it during testing so it can not be used as evidence. Its a major mess. Tell them, they can come and examine it at your lawyers office. Good Luck.

OP said he was using Factory 40g vmax loads.

Fair Chase-sorry to hear and see the FN kaboom. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Hopefully FN and/or the ammo manufacturer(FN too??)will step up and make you whole as much as they can.

Good luck with all the details. TTT

Back