Bolt action ejection problems

ARCOREY

My Model 7 Remington seems to have an ejection problem. It will push the round and extract the full or empty case, but the extractor seems to hold onto the case rim and the ejector doesn't seem to push it out the ejection port. I can take a bullet nose and easily depress the ejector button on the bolt face with one of my model 7's but the other is very stiff and it ejects rounds clear of the action. It looks like there is a roll pin that goes through the bolt head and may hold the ejector and a spring in place. Is spring replacement as simple as knocking the pin out and removing the ejector and spring and replacing it and re-pinning it or should I just bite the bullet and take it to a smith? It is a little bit of a pain in the butt to manually remove brass from the bolt face, although I haven't lost any brass yet
smirk.gif

Had a problem like this . The roll pin does let button come out but I didnt get my spring out. my button was stuck in and I got it broke free and works fine now . I would take it to a gun smith cause that bolt goes for 175.00 on gun broker

Did it do this before or is this a recent condition? If it was ok before, I wonder if you have a little piece of brass or something stuck in there causing your problem. Try using an aerosal can of air to try and blow out the gunk.

It's a new to me used rifle I just picked up. The ejector can be pushed in, it just feels like a very weak spring to me. My other M7 ejector is very stiff and hard to depress and it'll chuck brass way out of the action. The rifle really doesn't look like it's been used, so I'm a little baffled why it is like this. Maybe looks are deceiving? I've put about 12 rounds through it of factory ammo and it has done it from the start for me. It's a 90's production rifle.

Last edited:
Back