Cat prices

The only time I would even consider selling a cat to Petska is if I was hard up for money. I have never seen him pay a fair price on a cat...around here anyway.

I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how. I'm not gonna bash anyone it's just I can't deal with them as well. If you want to see my cats, great if you want to give me a fair market bid, great. John Graham will be here on the third of march. We'll see how it goes.

my friend got 750$ for big male, but only 50 for stained female, from him. I'll relay the news that you wouldn't want to sell a cat to him.

I just sold a batch of 8 hides today in Pueblo Co. to Peska fur(Marty baxter buyer) it was a great purchase. he did me right. paid me $760.00 for top cats and $550 for my lower ends with out much white in bellies.
will sell to him anytime. have another batch on stretchers will sell to him when he is back in town.

I was scared to deal with them after hearing all the comments on here about them.

seen him pay $70 a piece for good yotes.

I don't sell lots of fur, but I have always sold to Petska. This year I am sending some rats to auction just for the heck of it. I generally feel like I have been treated OK by Petska furs. At times, I have gotten more than the NAFA average. They have a tremendous overhead to meet every year along with speculation on markets. Greg just paid me more than I had ever gotten for one of my cats. The cats here generally are not very good quality compared to the western cats. You cannot compare the price he pays for most Nebraska cats to those paid for Colorado and other western cats. Northern Nebraska cats are generally better and he pays more for them.

The bottom line is that if you do not want to sell to him, then don't, but he is in it to make money just like any other person.

I sold my two. $650 for a 45" tom with great belly and poor back and $500 for a 42" tom with a kinda narrow belly and decent back. $60 average on my coyotes.

Last edited:
Next time I'll have a poll and see what my opinion can be!!!!! Thats great that he paid you decent. I don't knock him for that. Me and quite a few others can't deal with him on cat's is all I'm saying.
Tac if you think that you are worrying me you better think again. Don't try to intimidate me. He all ready knows he will never get my cats. I still sell some coyotes to him every year. How many cats did you get this year Tac?

DustyC, I think that the biggest reason he low balled you was just simply the cat prices werent that high earlier in the season. People need to relize this before they go pointing fingers at Dusty just because he posted something. If people looked at his earlier post they would realize that. Just my 2cents not trying to start a fight.

I also wasn't trying to start anything. just stating that I have never sold to peska fur before. but they gave me a fair shake on my fur. just letting letting guys know.in case there isn't another buyer in there area.

But with the cat prices this year sure wish I had about 500 42" XXL heavy extra pale Cats!!!! sure would make the wife and banker Happy.
sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

thanks
Dan

dusty, i'm not sure what I said that riled you. I only stated my friend got what he got from him. I never heard of that guy before. My friend JW said he is a big buyer. I haven't been able to do anything much for 5 yrs, I am lossing my business after 24 yrs, no money to trap, no money to make house pmt. I thought 750 was a good price, but 50 for a stained female was low, I thought! I never got less than 150 for a tittie female before. I never intended to offend someone, most people on here are real decent, unlike the trapperman site, some people there live to crap on others.

dusty, I ment I'll relay the news to the kid that sold the cats to Petska, I don't even know the fur buyer, Jw sold to him and thats all I know. I bet he would have gotten more money for the tom from J. Houghes, especially for the female, I never got less than a 100$ for a female even when tops were a 150$!

sold 9 cats and averaged $400 had some smalls and stained females top cat was $700. sold 20-25 coon $17 across the board and averaged $35 on the coyotes (nothing was skinned or stretched)

Originally Posted By: Tactical .20good price in the round on those coyotes, thats why I skin n stretch all mine to get more money.

ya we usually do as well but the weather has been so dang warm that we didn't want these ones to spoil so we dumped them to a buyer quick. got a lil bihind on the skinning have been doing so much calling and filming.

Back