DPMS help!!!!

Rhino844

I have a DPMS and I got a trigger job done on it. Now the tigger pins? Are walking out causing the trigger to lock up. I've heard of these anti walk trigger pins but I'm not sure which is a good brand or what size to get. Any advice will help thanks

My dpms has .154 which is small pin
dpms catalog on there web site has the anti walk pins you mentioned check there website out hope this helps

I have KNS pins in all my ARs. A little more expensive but worth it, IMHO. Should be able to get them just about any where AR parts are sold. Rainier Arms is my go to place online but I would bet that JoeBob Outfitters has them also.

Originally Posted By: Rhino844I have a DPMS and I got a trigger job done on it. Now the tigger pins? Are walking out causing the trigger to lock up. I've heard of these anti walk trigger pins but I'm not sure which is a good brand or what size to get. Any advice will help thanks

Are your trigger springs put back in correctly? The springs "should" keep your pins from walking out unless the lower is out of spec or really worn? Who did the trigger work? A gunsmith or?

Last edited:
Take your hammer out and look in the pin hole to see if your "J" spring is in there. This is the most common reason that your pins walk. The "J" spring looks like a piece of wire that is centered in the hammer. There is a grove in the middle your hammer/trigger pin that the "J" spring catches. The legs on the hammer spring also sit in the groves on the hammer/trigger pin to hold the pin that goes threw the trigger in place.

If you replace the original hammer/trigger pins with anti walk pins they recommend that the "J" spring is removed. Sometimes the "J" spring causes a binding issue with anti walk pins because there is not a grove cut for it.

I had a guy do my trigger job. He isn't a gunsmith. He might have screwed it up. I guess I need to have someone who knows what there doing look at it. Thanks for all yalls input.

Back