when do lions breed

I think I have found a place here in texas that may be good for some lion hunting I was wanting to find out a little more about them. Can anyone tell me when they might breed or give birth to their young. Thanks in advance! Robert

------------------
Don't miss!

Young (typically 2-3 cubs) can be born almost any time of the year. Females usually breed every two to three years. In Texas, the mountain lion is found throughout the Trans-Pecos, as well as the brushlands of south Texas and portions of the Hill Country. Currently classified as an unprotected, nongame animal. In spite of it's lack of protection, sighting and kill reports indicate that mountain lions now occur in more counties than they did 10 years ago and appear to be expanding their range into central Texas.
(The above was taken from TPWD website)

(Below was taken from the link provided below)
They develop teeth when about a month old, are weaned when about 2 or 3 months old, and may remain with their mother until more than 1 year old. Adult females usually breed for the first time between two and three years of age, and breed once every two or three years afterwards. http://www.nsrl.ttu.edu/tmot1/feliconc.htm

Hope this helps...

------------------
Remember, the kid you
leave home today, will
be voting tomorrow!!

Take a kid hunting!!

Thanks Stretch Thats what I like about this board you usually get better answers than you expect. I found a tape of mating calls male and female lions and am trying to figure out when would be the best time to use it!

------------------
Don't miss!

Back