specialized dynamics

1234a

Do you guys no how to get a hold of them I see they are redesigning their website so I called the number and always goes to voice mail, also do they build. Ars in 260 rem

Scott, the owner, will be out of pocket for a couple of days due to a sniper match he is participating in.

He should be back around on Sunday or Monday...

Scott just got back from the Hunt/Convention in Las Cruces and is putting on a big shoot this weekend. Leave a message and he will get back with you.

And make sure you leave your real name too, please. You'd be suprised how often people leave there messages and refer to them selves as their screen name...

Originally Posted By: 1234aDo you guys no how to get a hold of them I see they are redesigning their website so I called the number and always goes to voice mail, also do they build. Ars in 260 rem

They do build 260's. I got the chance to shoot Tom Austin's 260 that Scott built and can say that it is one sweet rifle. Now I just have to figure out how high on the list it is for new guns.

Ok thanks, I guess I will just wait for him to return my call,hpw are the ar-10s really as heavy as everybody says

He is building me a .260 as we speak. Be ready for a wait but it will be worth it. So dont get in a hurry to get one and then when you do you will be very happy with what he produces. When mine comes in I will post pics. As you can expect from SD guns is that they are HAMMERS!!!!

A10's are hefty but it is all relative to whomis shooting it. Some guys like bull barrel ar15 with nice heavy optics and a stout magpul stock and the rifle loaded weighs 10 plus pounds. An ar10 can be that heavy or you could go simple lightweight barrel ace stock plain Jane handguard and be in the 9-10 lbs range. It's all preference. I have a 16" 308 RRA and it is 8.5 lbs.

I talked to Scott a couple weeks ago on a thursday night said he would get back to me the following day, he was at a show i was interested in a lower i have also emailed him at least twice and have left a couple of messages on phone, i still have not heard a word, to me not a very good way to do business. I know he is probably busy but seems like you would stay late call after hour or do something not to leave possible customers hanging.

Last edited:
This ain't an SD rifle but imagine the weights are similar.....a shade under 17lbs as shown. I still pack it around hunting in some locations. As others stated I guess it is all relative to the person carrying it.
DSC00359.jpg

Scott had been attending the funeral of his grandma in Chicago and then the PM hunt back to back. Not making any excuses for him but I know he has been busier then a cat in a liter box lately.

Originally Posted By: trappermhI talked to Scott a couple weeks ago on a thursday night said he would get back to me the following day, he was at a show i was interested in a lower i have also emailed him at least twice and have left a couple of messages on phone, i still have not heard a word, to me not a very good way to do business. I know he is probably busy but seems like you would stay late call after hour or do something not to leave possible customers hanging.

There was also the TPRC that Scott was putting on this past weekend. I would imagine that takes quite a bit of time to coordinate and get set up. I would try again later this week.

Back