Hounds

Hi Hunters Does Any One Hunt Mt Lions&Bears
With Hounds. We Have Some Guy In NH Use Hounds On Black Bears.Good Luck Hunting.

Thanks Steve&The Thorn
Mt Hounds.

Steve they use to be called Louisiana Catahoula lepard curs,but they made them the state dog of Louisiana and sombody didn't like the word cur so now their the Louisiana Catahoula lepard dog.they run silant or semi silant I've got a four year old female that will open on a real hot track and trees good.She was hit by a car two months ago thought she was a goner she is getting up now and takeing a few steps still hopeing she'll be going again by next fall.I also have a year old male thats a pup out of her he's tough on coon not treeing the best yet but he will.

Steven,

If you know how to post pics, go right ahead. I have no idea how so won't be any help to you on that. But, I know me and many of the other guys would love to see your pictures.

Randy

------------------

http://www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308
Hunting the Red Fox

Thanks Randy I Will Try Bout I Donot Now If
I Can Do It Or Not I Have Try Before With
Now Luck. So How Are You Randy I Hope This
Site Works Out But There Is Alot Of Anty
Houndsmen I Gess. Good Luck To You.

Thanks Steve&The Thorn
Mt Hounds.

Hey Steve,
Got a ? for you. do you cut track to start your dogs. and do the coyotes hole up alot? good success rate?
Just curious. I cut track and have a pretty good rate of success on cats.

NiteFright

I have five Plotts and a Black & Tan. Run primarily Bear but run some lion and bobcats too. When I lived in South Dakota we ran alot of coons. Hailing from North Idaho.

Hi Nitefright In The Winter We Find A Track
And Put The Dogs On It And When There Is
No Snow We Just Road Or Rigg The Dogs To We
Get A Jump I Have Two Older Dogs That Are Straight Coyote Dogs They Will Not Run Any
Think But A Coyote. Its Alot Like Cat Hunting
I Hunt Whith A Guy That Used To Run Cat Before He Started On Coyotes. Good Luck Hunting.

Thanks Steve&The Thorn
Mt Hounds.

Hi Bearhuntinfool How Are You Be Running Any
We Are Just Getting Some Better Condistion
So We Can Run Here Been Have Some Great
Runs And Getting Some Coyotes The Last Few
Times We Been.Good Luck Hunting.

Thanks Steve&The Thorn
Mt Hounds.

Hi Its Snowing Here Tonight And I Cannot Wait
Antell Tommor To Go Hunting Even The Hounds
Are All Wound Up Tonight. They Now They Are Going To Go Tommor. I Hope It Will Be A Good
Run. Good Luck Hunting.

Thanks Steve&The Thorn
Mt Hounds.

I live out on the flats in the eastern part of state.I ran black and tans on coon for years then a few english now have the catahuolas would sure like to run some bobcats.Do you think silent dogs would work on them.

I think your silent dogs would be very good for bobcats since they are very tough to keep in the tree, maybe able to sneak right in and run them up good. I have two blueticks here and a redbone on the way. I hope to get a plott soon as well. I'm hoping to run a few bears in Idaho. Bearhuntinfool do you know much about Unit 12 or the McCall unit. I have heard they are darn near impossible to get into. Thanks for any info. Fred

Hi how are you houndsmen doing been haveing any luck. well good luck to you and run them hounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks steve&the thorn
mt hounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back