Best hunting seat

In my opinion the best seat for coyote hunting has not been invented yet. I have a Bark-O-Lounger (it broke, fell apart). I have have a Fox Pro Fur Takers vest. It has no back support and is poor quality in regards to material and workmanship. I have Les Johnson's Seat/back pack. It has good back support, but the pack bounces around and it only has one shoulder strap. The pack leaves a lot to be desired as well. If someone could combine the best features of the Fox Pro Fur Takers vest with Les Johnson's Seat/Pack, then maybe, just maybe they'd have the "best" seat for coyote hunting.

5 gallon bucket painted camo, thin foam (furnace intake filter glued around the interior diamter and bottom so my decoys and ecall don't rattle, foam wrapped handle..

I can carry roadkill in it, decoys, turn it upside down and it fits my sitting position perfectly.

redneck engineering

Originally Posted By: gman21535 gallon bucket painted camo, thin foam (furnace intake filter glued around the interior diamter and bottom so my decoys and ecall don't rattle, foam wrapped handle..

I can carry roadkill in it, decoys, turn it upside down and it fits my sitting position perfectly.

redneck engineering

I tried using one of those buckets.
Even did everything you did to yours.
Then, because I'm a "fat boy" (hopefully for not much longer), my bucket lasted all of about 30 stands.
mad.gif

The plastic just wasn't stout enough.
blush.gif
grin.gif

(I couldn't find a metal bucket.)
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: canislatrans54Originally Posted By: gman21535 gallon bucket painted camo, thin foam (furnace intake filter glued around the interior diamter and bottom so my decoys and ecall don't rattle, foam wrapped handle..

redneck engineering

I tried using one of those buckets.
Even did everything you did to yours.
Then, because I'm a "fat boy" (hopefully for not much longer), my bucket lasted all of about 30 stands.
mad.gif

The plastic just wasn't stout enough.
blush.gif
grin.gif

(I couldn't find a metal bucket.)
frown.gif

hahahaha

like you - I'm a fat boy with a big head too... I chose wisely - contractor grade drywaller bucket...HD to support my girlish figure...
grin.gif

like you, I'm shedding pounds - have a plan to hike 50 miles a month, eat right, drink less..

p.s. tip that really works - every morning, drink a glass of water (I like ice water) with a tablespoon or two of vinegar mixed in. (apple cider vinegar tastes the best to me).. It will - increase your metabolisim, give you a little boost in energy, lower blood sugar levels, and cleanse your system. Medical folks state that doing this alone will make you lose 6 pounds in a year - without doing anything else... Lump exercise and a heathier diet on top and things change quicker.

Good Luck on your Weight Loss Program...

I picked up one of these a couple months ago and really like it. It doesn't have a back rest, but that's ok with me.

http://www.nifftseat.com/

If you want to save a little money, get one of their hurricane specials. That's what I got and other than needing the paint touched up a little, it's in great condition.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersyou mean this one....

http://www.cabelas.com/stools-chairs-seat-cushions-bull-stool-terrain-seat-3.shtml

I have this one. Took it out a few times but it's loud and clanky and takes time to set up and take down once you get where you're going. The legs store in the bottom of the seat and I had problems with them getting stuck and just being too noisy pulling them out to set it up. I like the gobbler lounger much better.

I know this thread is old, but I'm adding my input in case someone does a search for ideas. I love the fold-up light weight stadium seats. They are extremely light and I can hook it right to my pack on the walk to my stand. It's quiet and I don't know it's there while walking. I think it's very comfortable and keeps your butt off the wet ground.

I got mine at Gander for under $15, but they are sold in lots of stores.

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=440116

Hope this helps.

Klappy

Les Johnson's seat BAR NONE--with a bad 63 yr old back I have sat in excess of 2.5 hrs on one stand last winter. They stayed out of sight but w/o the seat as in turkey hunting I am only good for about 20 min.

I made a seat that is designed like a stadium seat. I an 6'5" and 280lbs so i made it to fit me. The bottom sits flat on the ground, it does not elevate. I dont use shooting sticks just rest the gun on my knee. The best thing about this set up is if you need to spin around all you do is shift your weight to the back and it turns with you.

I have used the stadium seat for years. Light, warm, and great support for my 63 year old back. I prefer the ones with the quick release adjustable straps so I can release one and roll over on my side to lay down to get lower in the sage or give my back some relief.

Some of the above seats look nice and comfortable but if there's a lot of snow you'll have to clear it away.I often run into that with my HS Bunn Saver.Another possible problem I see is that they are really best suited to level ground.Something that straps to a tree might be your best bet.

I love my Les Johnson chairs for here in S. Texas. The pack does leave something to be desired- it definitely bounces. Wish the chair had molle straps so you could attach the pack securely or creat your own custom configuration. The single strap is great because it's easy to flip out of the way when you get to your stand. Not sure that regular backpack straps would work. If you need to carry a bunch of stuff, I'd just carry a regular pack and then carry the seat only (no backpack attached) in my hand or buckle it to the pack. Can't imagine a more comfortable ground seat.

Originally Posted By: coues7Lazy Creek folding seats are where its at! They work in all terrains and snow

Do you mean "Crazy Creek?" I googled "Lazy Creek and didn't come up with anything by that name. Do you have a link?

Cabela's gobbler lounger is by far the best seat I have ever used for sitting long periods near the ground. I swear to god the guy that designed that thing like to sleep while hunting...

Back