How long till cougars show up?

Okanagan

New here, so direct me to archives if this is an old question. What is the longest time in your verified experience between when you started calling and a cougar showed up? I realize that some of them run till they get close, then take forever to move the last few feet into view. I'm curious mostly about the longest time till you knew he was there.

Steve, thanks for the info. Others will chime in I'm sure. I haven't done a whole lot of cougar calling but am learning.

Two hours! You must have been sold on that spot to wait that long I'd guess. Or do you usually stay that long? I have always stayed at least an hour for big cats. Should I wait longer? I've stayed over 1.5 hours when I was positive there was a cougar nearby. Of the ones I've remembered to time, I knew they were there at about ten minutes, 17, 32 and one that came in at about 50 minutes and hung around just out of bow range for another 40 minutes. I didn't see all of those but heard them and verified it by tracks in snow afterwards. Had a lynx come bounding up in less than a minute once.

Back