I need a hunting lesson in hunting Big Cats

ElkMaster

Here in Oregon we have a big problem with the population of the mountain lion not to mention Bear. I have friends who have had their dog eaten of their front steps. I would like to help fix that problem. We can't use dogs here so my next idea was to get all of you hunting fools to come to Oregon (We get 2 tags a year). I'm sure that's going to happen! I have no idea where to start. If you guys have any good tactics that would help me out, Please tell me. I would love to have on on the wall.

------------------
Hunt Hard or Go Home!!

{cough, cough, lions & bears forum, cough, do a search, cough, cough}

{clears his throat} excuse me, I must have had something in my throat
smile.gif
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by BadMedicine (edited 02-22-2002).]

weel sir i am a ex hound hunter in ore. here is some of my tricks. drive till you see a fresh track and go down wind and set up to do some calling set you up a bird wind wing on a fishing line so they see it move and not you and if you dont see anything get 2 good hounds run it and shoot it and dont say anythingand if anyone askes it was a coyotes just remember the tracks

Without the use of hounds I hunt lion just about the same as yotes. There are some minor changes to your setup that you should have little trouble to adapt to. Its best to find fresh tracks or other sign, follow tracks and locate an area that looks promising, Try to use a decoy if poss. Stay on your setup 30-45 min maybe longer if you have that feeling, if you dont know what that is keep hunting lions and youll find out. I use a Phantom E caller with a fawn decoy, works on all predators. Good luck

------------------

Back