I guess nobody has harvested a cat lately?

MarlinMark

Has anybody been lion hunting? I was out in Central Oregon on a ranch that has had 5 trapped off by the Gov. trapper. That day the rancher's brother inlaw saw 2 juvenille cats by there feed lot. They ran off and then just "lurked around out of range." We didn't get one to come in or see any tracks.

Mark

This Tuesday I am gonna go out with Winchester Jake for a lion or bobcat. There are seasons for both here and Bobcats are only open 'til the 28th of Feb. Will let you guys know how horribly we did later.

do you have any other pics of cougars???? I love looking at them they a beautiful animals. I didn't know foxes can climb trees, can red foxes do that too???

------------------
" DON'T ruin a good deer by running your mouth "

Derag2,

Gray fox are the tree climbers. There are no red fox here where I live, but I've never heard of one climbing. Really don't know about the little kit and swift fox, as there are none here either; but it is my understanding that they are more of a desert inhabitant, so I doubt that they are into tree climbing much.

Here's another cat photo that goes back a few years.
http://communities.msn.com/BackcountryRa...hoto&PhotoID=27

Those are some cool pics. What kind of camera do you use to get that close to the mountain lions and bobcats? If you get any other mountain lion picks post em on here i love looking at em. Or anypics for that matter.

------------------
" DON'T ruin a good deer by running your mouth "

That assumtion would be wrong. Many of us are calling lions on a regular basis.

Nice pics Bob. How you been lately? I'm training a new Airedale pup right now. She is going to be great! Took 12 coyotes yesterday with her, but had to go to over half of them. Time of year you know. Not bad for a 14 week old pup though. Will start her on the cats pretty soon. Still too much puppy in her to lay still on stand for lions. That will come soon though.
Steve

------------------
www.azpredatorhunts.com

Bob,
Great pics again! I have been using the great Dorn Dogs for several years now while calling coyotes. Gary Strader got me started on Airedales. I love them. My sons father-in-law has been using them for lions and bobcats for years in Montana. In fact my pups mother treed 6 lions in two days over Christmas for my son and his father-in-law. Longest run was just 800 yards! 4 of the 6 never made 250 yards. I guess I'm getting tired of the cats hanging up in heavy brush and me not seeing them untill it's too late for a shot for my clients. The dog will tell me when and where they are well ahead of me seeing them. And you can't beat the getting the best of both worlds, calling and treeing them at the same stand!
Steve

------------------
www.azpredatorhunts.com

Back