Cat in heat

RandyB

Can anyone tell me where to download or buy lion-in-heat sounds or what sounds are best to use this time of year? Also has anyone had luck using the feline distress on their phantom callers for bobcats any info would be helpful thanks RB

Furface, you might want to check your regs again. Electronic callers for any big game or any game in the state of Washington is legal.

sorry about the miss-information. Mike R. is right it is now legal to use electronic callers for any game animal in wash. [except waterfowl] I have had one for over 15 years and was always very carefull when and where to use it. The local game warden believes that all cats are his personal pets.

------------------
PETA-People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

Furface, now you got me, I said any game and that is not true because as you pointed out there is waterfowl which I was not even thinking about. Are you finding any cougars over in your area? Mike

Hay Mike
There are always cats around. Got one right in the yard quite often. Getting a shot at them is another story. My son and I will give it a try in the morning.
What area do you hunt? Any cats about?

------------------

Mike R, Randy B
I did not know that we can know use game callers for big game, This is opening my mind to new possiblity.
I tried to find the new regs, but I can't seem to located them , where did you guys see or read this change to the regs? Thank you your time...CJ

It is not mentioned in the regs anymore so I called the game department today. I was told that that it is legal to use electronic callers for any game animal except waterfowl. They made this change a couple years ago.

------------------

This reminds me of an important point. You should never trust hearsay information. Responses from this or any other Board, or authorities involved in the enforcement aspect. Go to the source, read the document. Then, if you need clarification, call, or stop in. Show them the point you need to have clarified. Ask them the location in the Code that deals with your question. Often, it is the official that is as surprised as you. They can't know everything, and usually don't.....and guess who is ultimately responsible for knowing the law that applies? Not them, it's you. Bottom line: check it out for yourself.

Good hunting. LB

Thanks for the info Furface, Funny how they dont mention it in the reg, I couldn't find it in the W.A.C. under the Dept. of Game.

heres a little trick that i learned about 20 years ago from the old timer i hunted long tails with when you see house cats out hunting the big cats will be hunting to it works for me

I have lived here since Jun 94 and it has been legal to use electronic callers the entire time I have lived here for cougars and bears. However I've had all my luck, 12 bears and 1 cougar with mouth blown calls. I believe it should get good for the lion in heat very soon. I bought mine from the Johnny Stewart website. Good luck. Fred

Thanks for the heart-attack Guy's now I can start the tedious process of Gluing Back together my phantom caller after I had a temper fit and smashed it on the ground for being stupid enough to buy something and not checking the reg's first.
just kidding!! I also called the game dept. today it is legal to hunt all game with an electronic call including deer,elk,bear and cat's. They also told me it is NOT legal to use electronic DECOY'S of any kind.

Now that that is cleared up I need help with cat's any help would be nice

Catless in Washington

A buddy of mine had a cat in heat tape. It sounded like a cat fight. Never tried it though. Might work. Cats are curious. It will run off everything else in the woods. Been watching for a tape since the originol post but havent come accross one yet.

------------------

Back