Best hunting seat

rocktire

Looking for a good ground level hunting seat with a backrest. Looked atthe bucket buddy seat on cabelas looks identical to predator quest seat to me. What do you all use and how does it work. Really wanted the primos Bark a lounger but it appears to be discontinued.

Browning and Alps Outdoors both make a great turkey chair that is light and easy to carry. Sportsman Warehouse and most good hunting stores carry them in the store especially this time of year (turkey season soon).

Look at crazy creek chairs. They are made in Montana and are made better than the bark o lounger. I like mine anyways. You can find good deals on eBay.

Quote:Look at crazy creek chairs. They are made in Montana and are made better than the bark o lounger. I like mine anyways. You can find good deals on eBay.
+1

I bought one of the crazy creek chair this year and couldn't be happier. No more deciding where to sit based on what I can lean against. I roll it up and hold it together with a nylon strap as a sling and it's convenient to carry on my back as well.

I use the Ameristep High Back Chair. It works well for me because I can't sit real low, and I usually just use a bush to break up my outline. It gives me pretty good visibility over the brush and grass.

I enjoy this one...

GEDC0985.jpg

A friend of mine just turned me onto this seat. It allows you to sit up higher and allows you to pivot left or right on one leg if needed to turn... works great.... I'll be trading my low rider seat pictured above for this one.

412396_L1.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the gobbler lounger and if you don't have to walk very far to your set then it is the ticket. It is a bit heavy so those days where you are walking alot you will want to throw it down and come back for it later. Its very comfortable for those long stands, I actually have taken many naps while turkey hunting in this chair.

Over the years, I've used many items.
Foam seats, folding "stadium seats", ect. when I could still get down on the ground, & back up again with ease.

Since herniating a pair of discs though & getting older, it has become a lot less easy to do.

Now my seat of choice is the one pictured below.
I don't even know what company made it. (I bought it @ a garage sale for $1.LOL

I've little doubt that some company out there still makes a version of it.

It actually is designed for a fisherman.
Inside was a foam "cooler" area, I'm assuming for worms & such, which I removed. There also is a "tray" inside.
It holds my facemask, gloves, drag, some extra ammo, compact binocs, & a lanyard of calls (which keeps them from "banging" together while walking).
There's a carry handle in the top of the hinged lid.
And, I'm not a "light-weight" fella, {but I'm workin' on it}, and it holds me just fine.

Granted it isn't a Lazy-Boy, but it's not overly uncomfortable.
It allows me to sit about 16" off the ground, to see over the tall grasses we sometimes have here in Kansas.
And, it allows me to pivot my shooting position when necessary.
I keep threatening to add a foam/upholstered top to it, as well as some camo paint, but I never have.

Picture006.jpg

I have been using a Everest Recliner by San Angelo. It is built to set on inclines or flat land. It also has a net pouch to hold whatever you like. You can spend your next hour in complete comfort.

Originally Posted By: unloadedI use Browning Tracker +XT. It is great for calling:
http://www.mosquitocreekoutdoors.com/product/Browning_Tracker_XT_Seat/Browning_Furniture_Camping#

On the bottom of the thick cushion is a big pocket that I use to carry my CS24. I throw shooting sticks, decoy and extra clothes inside the seat part to carry. The mesh on the sides keeps things from falling out.

Yet another reason I love this forum. Thanks guys, I didn't know this existed. Time to give it a try.

Signed,

Former Bark-a-Lounger Fan.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersI enjoy this one...

GEDC0985.jpg

A friend of mine just turned me onto this seat. It allows you to sit up higher and allows you to pivot left or right on one leg if needed to turn... works great.... I'll be trading my low rider seat pictured above for this one.

412396_L1.jpg
I have both of these. I use the Primos magnum blind chair mostly at night and the Cabelas "coyote" lounger gets the nod for most of the daytime stands.

I usually put my butt on a cold rock. I have 2 Gobbler loungers and they are comfortable and not to heavy for a hike. I have slept real good in one out camping. I can't seem to get the swivel out of them I would like. I've thought about a swivel duck hunting bucket for the stands, but haven't gotten one yet.

Tony

I forgot about the seat I was going to try before I found the one I posted earlier.

It's the "All-Terrain Bull Seat".
It has 3 adjustable telescoping legs, a swivel seat & I think I remembering weighing about 5# or so.
Last I knew, Cabela's carried them. They were about $50-$60.

Back