My thoughts on my Olympic Arms 22-250 UMAR

xhairs1970 said:
Thanks a million for putting this together....I have been very excited and wanting some first hand information about this as soon as I heard of this chambering being available.
I am a huge fan of the 22-250.

I can't wait to get one. I am watching this post and making plans.

Well I have really enjoyed this rifle so far I added a Magpul PRS stock and have a scope on it's way. However with the load previously mentioned I am having an issue were my brass and gun get's extremely dirty while using the new Hodgdon CFE223 powder at 38.2 gr behind a 55 gr NBT now that said it is very easy to clean up though especially the barrel it wipe clean very easily but it seams to get dirtier as far as powder residue is concerned. I am going to try out some big game. I just loaded up 5 rounds per charge on a ladder test and will try to get it shot to see how it does for accuracy and to see if the brass come's out the same as before.I was wandering if my brass work was the issue but my brass prep consists of F/L sizing trimming, squaring and cleaning the primer pocket, annealing, sizing again then cleaning and finally loading. It take me a while but I am pretty consistent my neck tention when seating bullets feels real smooth and consistent it all feels the same. As far as the 64gr Berger's go I am still working on that load as well but hopefully have you guy's more info by the end of the week. But the gun is a joy to shoot I have had NO feeding issue's however the magazine is a pain in the but when loading the 5th round is extremely tight and tough to load. The gun is a little heavier now that I have been hunting with it and doing quite a bit of hunting lately I have found my self wishing it were a little lighter.
Another thing is it has some serious muzzle jump and kick from this rifle as well which has me stumped considering the weight and caliber. But she is accurate.

Last edited:
Back