Suggestions for 17hmr bolt gun?

I would go with the CZ 452 and not look back. I put a yodave trigger kit in mine just to sweeten it up a little more. Every CZ I have is a shooter, including the little Scout rifle I bought for my son.

Take the CZ plunge!! Worth every penny. I own the 452s in 22lr, 22mag, and 17hmr. Love all of them. If u desire a trigger kit is available and very easy to install. Have my target 22lr trigger work to nice crisp 6ozs.

My Savage Model 93RVSS will shoot a 10 shot 1" group at 100 yards with a 4X scope. The only complaint I have is that the magazine is difficult to seat.

Just as Kizmo says the mags are really hard to seat. But you wont go wrong with the Savage 93RVSS I took mine out today and 10 shots in one ragged hole.

Think I've pretty much decided unless the fondling faze changes my mind, but as of now I am thinking of a CZ 455 American. I like the lighter and shorter profile (vs the Trainer model). At about $380 I think it will be a good rifle with a 3-9 or 4-12x scope on it. Maybe a Nikon 42mm objective... Like I said, I'll have to check out Scheels because I don't think Gander has much CZ other than the Trainers and fondle the other candidates but on paper I think I know what I want. Thanks for all the input guys!

getfoxy - what's better about the 452? I see they made changes in the barrel mounting system etc... is this a lesser system? Also the 452 is about $85 more, not that it's a problem but what justifies this cost?

Looks like the 455 has some nice upgrades though, I like the new threaded barrel vs set screws, and that they opened up the barrel channel to prevent it from touching. It didn't necessarily say it was truely free floated though. Also looks like the machining work was of higher quality in the finishing anyways, less tooling marks hopefully with the same tolerances. It looks to me like either way you'd have a nice little squirrel gun. I will give the 455 a try, just because it will get me another 85 for glass and I don't see anything that is running me off!

I think you will be well pleased
smile.gif

Back