Calling Bears in Southcentral

Sept.1 heck all we get to hunt is dove
frown.gif
if I want a bear I got to go too the zoo, and I'll tell you the yotes look a lot better then the bears a the zoo. Cas good luck on your hunt.

Sept. 1st. Ha i got ya beat!! Season opens tomorrow in minnesota,i live in the u.p. of michigan but a buddy and me are leaving on Friday morning and driving over to minnesota for three days of calling blackies. Two guy's FOUR tags and a five hour drive means more than one lone weekend hunting bruins!!
smile.gif

------------------
Timberking

Originally posted by Jason El Paso:
Sept.1 heck all we get to hunt is dove
frown.gif
if I want a bear I got to go too the zoo, and I'll tell you the yotes look a lot better then the bears a the zoo. Cas good luck on your hunt.

Thanks Jason . . .

Altho your Coyote hunting is better than here I'm sure. I'd give a Lot to have the caliber of Coyote hunting that Texas and Arizona does.
I you can ever make it up here I'll show you some different kind of country than you have there that I think you'll enjoy. Bring big heavy bullets. :)

Cas in Alaska

------------------
For a GREAT Business Opportunity,
and OUTSTANDING shopping experience...
EXPLORE: www.cgdevelopment.net
Referral # 779609
Password: guest
And: www.quixtar.com

Referral# 779609

Originally posted by timberking:
Sept. 1st. Ha i got ya beat!! Season opens tomorrow in minnesota,i live in the u.p. of michigan but a buddy and me are leaving on Friday morning and driving over to minnesota for three days of calling blackies. Two guy's FOUR tags and a five hour drive means more than one lone weekend hunting bruins!!
smile.gif

Well, Timberking, yeah, I guess you do.
Hope you fill all 4 tags.

Cas in Alaska

------------------
Referral # 779609

Referral# 779609

Originally posted by timberking:
Sept. 1st. Ha i got ya beat!! Season opens tomorrow in minnesota....

oh, you can hunt grizzly in minnesota too??
rolleyes.gif
I think Cas was refering to grizzly, cuz in most places up here you can hunt Black bear YEAR 'ROUND!! oh, and did I mention we can get THREE EACH?!?!?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Who's got who beat
tongue.gif
hehe...

In all my predator calling up here I've never colled in a bear though...most the times when we see them we A. don't have a gun or B. they're here in town...
eek.gif

Hello Cas,

I have never tried callin a bear on purpose yet, but I was going to try this year.

I did spot a griz about two years ago, and managed to Pi$$ him off real good with a Sceery AP-5. I decide I should leave the area then.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Alaskan Yoter:
Hello Cas,

I have never tried callin a bear on purpose yet, but I was going to try this year.

I did spot a griz about two years ago, and managed to Pi$$ him off real good with a Sceery AP-5. I decide I should leave the area then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yes, that Can happen! Where were you?

Or you could have happily Harvested him!! :)

Give me an e-mail at: cas@alaska.net I have some interesting info for you.

Keep ur powder dry...

Cas

------------------
Referral # 779609

Referral# 779609

Cas -

Add me to the list

I do a bit of bear calling here up by the Yukon boarder. Lots of griz around with a black bear or two also. Blacks and griz react differently to the calls. As AY said he really p$$'d one off. That is a common response with griz. You had better be ready because they can come in very quick. Nice to have a buddy for backup or to spot the one that sneaks in.

Timberking - Sorry you've been beat again as griz opened here Aug 10th & runs until June 30th in 20E & no 5 hour drive either. No closed season on blacks as already mentioned.
Anyway good luck and have fun.

You guys in the north country are something else!!! I've called in a few blackies, and more than a few cougars, and treed more with dogs; but calling in grizzly country? That has got to be the ultimate rush! Something akin to calling in Africa where the big cats roam. If you ever come up missing, they might find nothing but your boots! Have fun guys. Sounds like a blast!

OK OK i guess if you throw in the grizzly thing and the no season on blackies and the three bears each,yea i guess you guy's win
wink.gif
he he he

------------------
Timberking

Originally posted by John/Alaska:
Cas -

Add me to the list

I do a bit of bear calling here up by the Yukon boarder. Lots of griz around with a black bear or two also. Blacks and griz react differently to the calls. As AY said he really p$$'d one off. That is a common response with griz. You had better be ready because they can come in very quick. Nice to have a buddy for backup or to spot the one that sneaks in.

Timberking - Sorry you've been beat again as griz opened here Aug 10th & runs until June 30th in 20E & no 5 hour drive either. No closed season on blacks as already mentioned.
Anyway good luck and have fun.

John . . .

Thanks for the input. :) What call do you use, and how long do you call?

Zap me an email at: cas@alaska.net, OK?

Cas

------------------
Referral # 779609

Referral# 779609

Hello Cas,

I did spot a griz about two years ago, and managed to Pi$$ him off real good with a Sceery AP-5. I decide I should leave the area then.
biggrin.gif

Did the Griz run Toward you or Away from you? :)

Zap me an e-mail at: [url=mailto:cas@alaska.net

Cas,

It was down by the Hope cut off. I wasn't looking for him I was just scouting the area. I used to drive that road once a week to Seward. I have noticed the biggest areas of sightings and signs for coyotes were....
biggrin.gif

Anyway there was a body of water between the two of us, but rest assured if it wasn't I bet he would have came after me. He swayed his head and snarled at me then stood up a few times and popped his teeth at me once or twice. It lasted about 10 minutes before he head bcak into the woods. The call I used to get him fired up was the Sceery AP-5 Snow shoe Hare. My guess is he probably winded me. I don't remmeber if he was in season yet. He might not have been becuase I didn't have my rifle with me. I think If I wanted to call one in it would be from a tree stand.

AY

Cas,

It was down by the Hope cut off. I wasn't looking for him I was just scouting the area. I used to drive that road once a week to Seward. I have noticed the biggest areas of sightings and signs for coyotes were....
biggrin.gif

Anyway there was a body of water between the two of us, but rest assured if it wasn't I bet he would have came after me. He swayed his head and snarled at me then stood up a few times and popped his teeth at me once or twice. It lasted about 10 minutes before he head bcak into the woods. The call I used to get him fired up was the Sceery AP-5 Snow shoe Hare. My guess is he probably winded me. I don't remmeber if he was in season yet. He might not have been becuase I didn't have my rifle with me. I think If I wanted to call one in it would be from a tree stand.

AY

Yoter . . .

Sounds to me like you had the old boy plumb Riled up! :) As to tree stands...they have been known to climb trees which would add to the adrenelin rush!

Hey . . . zap me a quick e-mail at: [url=mailto:cas@alaska.net

I am going to try the bear calling this fall. I have the foxpro ready to roll. Now all I have to do is get some time off.

you guys have the ultimate hunting no doubt. i'd never call up there, in season or not without some serious back up firepower!

Back