Pretty Unreal Season. Up Over 300 and A Few Snapshots...

getemclose

Well Marty and I put the kill total up over 300 for the season now. I didnt think we would make it so fast. The year is definately winding down but we still have some good calling ahead of us! It has been a very weird year in my parts. Almost no snow and warmer temps than usual. Usually we have snow up to our butts by now, but as of right now theres not even an inch! Anyways I hit it hard this weekend and ended up killing 14 coyotes and a fox.. Marty went to hawaii so I had to fly it solo. Let me tell you calling solo in my country is a chore when coyotes bomb from every direction at times! Heres a few snapshots from the last two days...

fury3.jpg

Really stacked them up first day out! Didnt drop a dog tell 11 AM then they started falling every stand.

FURY2.jpg
Me inspecting a big silver.

FURY.jpg

And a long weekend of calling.

FURY4.jpg
Heres a unique coyote Marty Killed in our last tournament...

Marty and I hunted in a total of five contests this year. We ended up taking two third place finishes, two first place finishes, and one we did not place in.. We were pretty happy with the outcome. Im not sure I will be doing them next year just because I get way too stressed out and end up treating it like a job. I usually dont eat or drink anything all day and by the end of it I say to myself man I wish I was just out for fun! we ended up taking 31 coyotes in the five contests combined.

Here are some highlights of the season!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg

Eight coyotes in one day.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg

a Triple in which we say 7 coyotes on the same set.

ooooooo.jpg

A really tough windy windy day, we got in some cut up country and managed these dogs. They were some real pale coyotes too boot. ill be back in there next year
smile.gif

Another good weekend!
S5000529.jpg

ooooo.jpg
This was a double marty called in and I went wayyy down wind and layed prone in the baren prarie grass. Let me tell you, in my opinion camo, ghillie suits, and all that stuff is totally overrated. if you lay prone coyotes are not going to see you. I consistantly lay right out in the wide open. If you lay down you just look like another rock, cow pie, whatever! But what do I know!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

This was a memorable weekend.. a fresh snow hit and we were following fresh tracks into every stand and calling them back in.

more to come...

zzzz.jpg

sweet double!
HHH.jpg

great day!
dogssss.jpg

MEGA DOG!
dogs.jpg

another good weekend!

dogzz.jpg

me not being the brightest.

7-2.jpg

five on one set. first for us!

9-2.jpg

sunflower field double

KILLEDEM.jpg

september fun!
GGG.jpg

mega pale! maybe next year we shoot for 400.. hope you like the pics hopefully I can get all my HD video onto my pc and share. its sick!

Last edited:
Congrats!! you guys are pretty lucky to have good yote hunting. Here in Pa it is tough!! I called in one coyote in 2 yaers!! I would love to hunt with you guys once.
Where are you from?

crazy.Gretat job. good looking yotes. thats alot of yotes. My dad used to try to catch 200 a year running w/ greyhounds. he had to catch 100 by christmas to have a shot at it.

good job getemclose you guys killed 300 last year if i remeber correctly. and this season should still be going for awhile yet is'nt it? anyways good job man you ought to make a video, i think you weould be a success with it. good luck to ya.

Great pics Mitch. In response to the question but what do you know? All I can say is, if anyone questions what you know when it comes to dog hunting. They are fools. Looks like you have had a fun season. Good luck for the rest of it.

Awesome! I've been waiting to see you posting again.

There are two ways for the rest of us to look at this:

(1) Man do I feel short!, and

(2) Motivation of what is possible.

I'll choose option 2.

Just plain awesome!

Sendit

It would be fun to lay 300 end to end just to see how far they went. Nice job. I have plenty of ground, but nowhere near enough to take 50, let alone 300. How many acres do you guys have permission on?

We have been getting 25$ a piece whole. and we shoot .243's the both of us. as far as land we have basically unlimited ground to hunt. I think we have talked to well over 100 landowners this season, lots of them owning 10 thousand + acres. as well we do some killing on public land.

thanks everyone.

Back