DPMS AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmore

Rohde009

Looking for goods and bads about this caliber in ar platform. Wanting a longer range bigger bullet gun for hogs and antelope.

Lot of info on snipershide like stated above. I have never really read anything bad about them. My buddy has a DPMS semi custom built by DPMS.. It is a shooter and he really likes it. But that is the only person around my parts I know that has one. But I wouldnt hesitate to buy one if that was what I was looking for.

I have a DPMS creedmoor and really enjoy it. I'm using the 140 gr Amax and SST's. Using the load data on the box of factory ammo has proven to be very accurate. Shot a .2 something group with it at 100 yards. To be honest that was the first 3 shots with the 140 gr reloads. I haven't shot a group with it since (not really my thing). I use it for shooting steel and have out to 600 yards. Thats about all the room I have on the farm I shoot at. I would say out to 600 it shoots less than half MOA easily.

I brought the 6.5 out to WY last fall and took 3 antelope with it. Shots from 150-250. 2 dropped in their tracks and 1 went maybe 30 yards or so. The SST's opened up nicely and were devastating on the antelope.

To sum it up basically the caliber is easy to load for, very accurate, low in recoil, and just plain fun to shoot!

Last edited:
I know a guy that shoots one. It is accurate out to 600. Probably beyond, but our range only goes out to 600. It is a good cartridge. Downside of the cartridge. Quality of brass is a concern. I am sure that Hornady brass is alright with good prep, but its not lapua. The cartridge design is good in the larger framed ar platform. The downside of the dpms package. The trigger is awful. It needs to go to bill springfield or have the trigger replaced. I like to shoot prone. I don't know about you, but for prone shooting a prs stock or equivalent is the way to go. Other than that its a solid platform and should be a nice rifle.

I recently acquired a 260 rem. in the dpms package. I have shot it very little since purchasing it. This is how I know the trigger is really bad. Anyways put a good 10 - 14x scope on it and have fun.

leanporker, George over at GAP came out with the 6mm creedmoor in his gap-10 build. I believe they may even be getting actual 6mm stamped brass as well. There's a thread over at snipershide talking about it.

Back