Federal HV match ammo?

getfoxy

I picked up a couple of boxes of various 22 ammo to try out in my new cz452 the other day. So far it's shooting the federal HV match ammo great. I'm thinking I want to use these for squirrels next fall.

It's a 40g solid with an advertised muzzle velocity of 1,080 FPS, which is a bit on the slow side. But I'm probably getting a little more speed out of my 26" bbl?

Has anyone used these for squirrels? If so what kind of results did you get?

getfoxy,
I don't do anything anymore other than target shooting with any of my Rimfires. And the velocity of 1080 is pretty consistent in all the ammos I'll mention. But might I suggest you give a try to Wolf Match Target ($5+ per 50), Wolf Match Extra ($7+ - per 50) and if you are willing to spend the extra bucks, Lapua Center X ($9.40 per 50), Federal Ultra Match UM22 ($14.99 per 50), and finally Lapua Midas+ ($15.50 per 50) for best accuracy. These ammos have produced the best accuracy in several different manufacturers' Rimfire Rifles and I'm confident will take down any squirrel.

Shlynoco- they have wolf at my local shop and I'll look into picking some it up to try. I really don't want to go any more expensive than 7-8$ per 50 for squirrel ammo though.

Russ- the 17m2 I got from you. Was there anything done to it besides the trigger?

Back