Who calls bears in the east

Big Dan

Does anybody call in bears specifically in the east. Im in VA and was thinking it might be a new thing to try this fall. We cant use electronic callers but I was thinking setting for longer periods with a deeper coarser mouth call. Any suggestions?
Dan

I'm not aware of anybody out there that's doing this. But,that isn't to say there aren't any. I'd suggest using a call that imitates a "bleating fawn" .
Good Luck
Originally posted by Big Dan:
Does anybody call in bears specifically in the east. Im in VA and was thinking it might be a new thing to try this fall. We cant use electronic callers but I was thinking setting for longer periods with a deeper coarser mouth call. Any suggestions?
Dan

Big D,
scroll down and check out my reply concerning "which calls for eastern black bear" that will give you some pointers. If your using a mouth call the time at a stand will stay the same. You can use a rabbit distress sound or a deer bleat mouth call,a open reed call is the best to use because you can make any type of sound you want with it. A long steady drawn out WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA will work for you. I'm lucky and get to use a electronic call and it helps when you get the sound away from you. Which ever call you decide to use make sure it is LOUD and CONSTANT the minuete you stop so will the bear. (sorry misspelled some stuff)

------------------
Timberking

[This message has been edited by timberking (edited 07-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by timberking (edited 07-03-2001).]

Back