Bad Bobcat, Bad...

Skued

I went all season (Dec. to Feb.28) with out seeing one damn bobcat or even a trace of one. Then today on my second to last set their he was. I had just finished my dying rabbit and I was about to start into pup distress. I could see something moving just out of the corner of my eye in the thick brush. I could just make out movement in the draw below me about 30yds. Soon enough this nice bobcat walked between two cedar trees.
My heart was in my throat and all I could do is watch. But now that I have cooled off, what a Beautiful animal! I am thankful that he responded to my call that is good enough for now. I'll just get it next year
smile.gif

PS>the rest of the day was a total wash.

Bobcats can be hard to come by compared to some of the other predators. Just about the time you give up completely on them, one will come along to slap you in the face with reality.

I think many callers call in more bobcats than they are aware of because of how the bobcat generally responds to a call.

Once you get a few encounters with bobcats under your belt and get used to how they operate; I suspect that your success ratio for bobcats will improve dramatically. Calling bobcats on a regular basis is something not every predator caller can do with any degree of regularity.

Once you get tuned into how they operate, calling cats becomes much easier.

I think you are starting to realize this. . . welcome to the bobcat zone...
wink.gif

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Hunting Bobcats is a lot different than hunting the other Predators, It usually takes twice as long to call in a Cat! A cat will come in very slow, Not like the others. Another thing about Cat's is you don't mulitiples like you will with others Predators. One exception is Badgers, They are very slow comers also. The Best I ever did on Cats was five in a single night.
My Best on Coyotes is Seven on a single Stand "Less than thirty minutes"

Back