Question for Steve Craig or others

Thanks Meats! Already forgotten! No problem! You never offended me, I have been in your shoes many times on other boards. The only way to be certain of never offending anyone is to not post and I sure wouldn't want anyone to be afraid to post.

I think Leonard and I are on the same wave length here. Neither one of us like censorship too much. I think we will strike a balance between letting guys be guys and total civility on this public forum. As long as we have kids present lets keep any replica of the F word out though. OK? Thanks!

Since this board is sponsored by a fine call maker lets all leave the advertising out of our post and just talk about hunting. - Meats

Yeh, that's a good point! On the other hand I sure like to know what works best for people and why! That's a tough one! I guess everyone should let their conscience be their guide. I sure appreciate the site they have given us I know that! I also believe that an objective company wants to know the pros and cons of different products. Tough call! That may have to be their call (no pun intended)! I guess I don't have a problem with people stating what they are using and actually encourage it. If someone really started trashing another product especially a product of the sponsor of this site, that would be quite a different story. For now, you guys decide for yourselves how you each want to handle it. Not much censorship there! Wiley E

[This message has been edited by Wiley E (edited 03-10-2001).]

I wanted to respond to the last couple of posts. When Will asked if we would be interested in sponsoring his new Predator Masters forums and explained his concept, we were thrilled to have the opportunity to contribute. Our number one priority through our associated with Predator Masters is to help facilitate Will's effort to build a community for the support and betterment of predator calling - period. A place for the best of the best to come together and share experiences and ideas. This includes discussion of our company and our competitors. We fully support uncensored discussions, including positive discussions of our competitors and inevitably discussions about us that may make us uncomfortable. Due to the fact that only a few people have even had the opportunity to see our product, there is little to discuss about Extreme Dimension Wildlife Calls at this time. Later, we will certainly be included in more discussions. We expect these discussions to be as frank, or even heated, as you would find on any other board, about any other product, and we intend to learn from them. Bottom line, we are very excited about being part of Predator Masters and look forward to a long lasting relationship.
My wife Tasha, assisted Will in getting the bulletin board up and running. She also chose to delete the f-word above. To my knowledge, there are 3 censored words & that's one of them. I hope you won't take her actions as an attempt by us to censor these forums in any way because we simply are not in favor of censorship. However, we are sensitive to the offensive nature of certain words to the younger members who may choose to vist this site (and even older), and I am sure you can appreciate our position.

Our sincerest gratitude to Will, the moderators, and all of the Predator Masters for your commitment to the sport. I'm confident that this is going to be an organization that we will all be proud to call our own.

Bill Gardner
President
Extreme Dimension Wildlife Calls

Bill--removal of some four letter words is a welcome decision as far as I am concerned. If one cannot express him/herself without profanities such as the f-word, perhaps a trip back to the 'ol high school English class would be in order, or better yet, a little washing out of the mouth with lye soap might be in order.

Your attitude about competing products is also refreshing. As a matter of fact, it is downright astute, IMHO. I can see the wisdom in listening to and learning from the discussion about "ALL" callers, and fixing your equipment in those areas that need fixing and keeping and/or improving on what is working well.

Thanks for making this board available. I look forward to hearing test results on your product from varmint callers who have used it in the field.

If you ever need someone to "test" your product, I'd be happy to be one of the "testers" up here in North Dakota.

[This message has been edited by Silverfox (edited 03-10-2001).]

Bill--As far as I am concerned there should be no profanity of any kind on the board. There is just no room for participants who are all "professionals" in 1 form or another to not be able to express themselves as completely 100% gentlemen/women all the time.

Words of that nature add nothing to the discussion at hand, but they certainly detract from it. The english language has ample words to express ideas of all kinds without resorting to the use of profanity for any reason.

As for me, we can screen for objectionable words, no problem with that.

But, I will not be part of the vocabulary police. This is a civil Board, we all intend that it should remain that way. However, it is a hunting board, not Bible study. I would never want to offend anyone with my language, but I can't stand control freaks, either.
smile.gif
A few mild profanities does not cause me to wet my pants. So, without being specific, I say, whatever is done, do it administratively beforehand, by automatically inserting asteriks instead of the word, no need to announce it. Being as this is a free Country; I object to somebody editing my verbage in any way. In other words, no pun intended; if I can't post it in the first place, that's fair. I'm not worried about it. Just don't clean it up for me AFTER I post, with your good intentions and superior judgement.

Personal opinion.

Good hunting. LB

Bill,
Thank you for your support and input. Again it is not my intention to sound like a sales pitch for the WT caller.

BUT, I have been at this game for over 37 years now. I still know how to use a hand call the way it should be used, and I will say to those who are contemplating purchasing an electronic caller, to learn how to use a hand call "first". It will make you a better caller in the long run.

Waycool,
I have used just about every caller made at one time or the other. The biggest difference, as I see it is:
The WT is in a class all by itself, head and shoulders above EVERYTHING I have used to this point. All my clients and students will aggree on this as well. Calypso Bob was just here and he is a devout JS man, but the first thing he did(even before he moved) was to order a WT with remote.
I have NOT tried the Phantom Caller. All I know about it is what AzWill has posted about it. I know alittle about the electronics that are involved in both the WT and the Phantom,(as well as other callers) and I learned this from Bill Martz. The WT electronic boards are VERY complicated and I know that there are only 4 or 5 men in the world that could design this device at the price Bill charges for his caller. His $800.00 price tag should be around $2000.00 for what you and I are getting. I would gladly pay the $2000.00 if I had to. But I'm glad too, that I don't. Price is just one drawback for most people with this caller over another caller. I say to buy the best unit you can afford. This goes with puchasing anything. I found out along time ago that in my line of work(guiding Predator Hunters), I couldn't afford not to have the WT. Waycool,You have done right to ask those who are using this unit about it. I have tried to answer your questions without sounding like a advertizment. It is VERY difficult to do, because I am excited about this unit, because I know how well it works compared to other units. You will have to talk to Will or someone else about the Phantom, as I can not give you any input about it at this time. You asked, and I have tried to answer to the best of my knowledge. "This is not an advertizement for WT".
Steve

------------------
www.azpredatorhunts.com

I have been watching this discussion with a lot of interest. Glad you boys have agreed to disagree in a civilized manner (can't stand the sight of blood myself).

At this time I have both a JS512, which I have had for many years, and several mouth blown calls. I use the mouth calls more often simply because of the old problem associated with electronic calls; size and weight. A lot of my hunting is done on foot or horseback, and I just won't haul a big, bulky, and heavy calling unit around with me.

The electric call industry has been advancing by leaps and bounds in the last couple of years, since the advent of digital sound. I'm keeping an eye on it, and I'll be interested in whatever new developments come along between now and next fall.

Hey Bill, I'll be camped somewhere in the mountains most of the summer. You want one of those calls field tested in northern California?

Thanks Steve for the info... I must admit the $800 price tag will keep me away .. I don't spend that much on my guns
frown.gif
(what can I say I'm a cheap skate.. varmints are my +other+ hobby
smile.gif
)

If at some point I get serious about calling lions .. then perhaps I'll reconsider. I do appreciate the info regardless.. Is there anything you don't like about the WT??

I would ask the same about the Phantom call.. what are the drawbacks? Issues? etc...

As I said originally .. it's them lions that have me even considering an elec call... at least so far.. I haven't had too much trouble calling a coyote or two using my hand calls..(perhaps the coyotes are just not very bright here
smile.gif
)

Oh.. I had asked you what decoy you prefer for lions on another thread.. but you haven't responded.. so I thought I'd ask again here
wink.gif

Thanks,

[This message has been edited by WayCool (edited 03-12-2001).]

Bottom line Steve. I started checking into the WT and was told that I could not by one with a wireless remote. Is there a dealer out there that can give me a quote or a price on one? You can send the reply to my email if you prefer.

WayCool,
No, there isn't anything I can even remotely think of that I dislike about the NEW WT caller.

I use a fawn decoy when I don't have to travel too far from the roads. When taking a hike I prefer a Sceery blow up turkey decoy. The least little wind will make these decoys move very well. I also have used the old Rigor Rabbit Motion decoy with very good success.
Steve

------------------
www.azpredatorhunts.com

Originally posted by MULE:
Hi Steve

Hypothetical Question. Here in Colorado you can't use electronic calls for bears or lions. If you were here what sounds or calls would you use? Also how would being restricted to mouth blown calls effect the strategy you currently use?
Thanx

Sorry I led this thread so far from the original question Mule.Maybe we can get back on track now.......Later

------------------
Meats

Back