coyote eyes

chapman

i have been researching this and cant find a straight answer. we do a lot of night hunting and we are starting to to wonder. do coyotes have red or green eyes?

GREEN.....BUT you better be able to know the difference between COYOTE eyes and DEER..OR CATTLE. Because they ALL have GREEN eyes..I have heard of people going "NightCalling" and shooting DEER AND CATTLE..In the same NIGHT..

wow. i thought they had green eyes, but wanted to make sure i dont hunt anywhere close to cattle, so theres no problem there. deer though, i see a lot of them. i just try to get them as close as possible to make certain is there a better way to make sure?

I don't think any animal's eyes always reflect the same color. I think it depends on the light you shine, as well. I know for sure I have seen both red and green eye shine in a herd of sheep. My LED cap light makes my dogs' eyes shine blue.

The way they move, height off the ground, width between the eyes, can give you an idea of whats coming in. But never shoot until you can see it with your own eyes. The only other way is a better light.

Casey

Coyote Eyes --- 18" above the ground.

Deer Eyes ----- 30+" above the ground.

Cattle Eyes --- 36+" above the ground.

You need to be able to see the ground and the animal.

Who really cares??

100% positive ID of the animal itself!

I never shoot at the eyes and i hunt around a lot of cattle, i am always 100% positve i am shooting a coyote!

Good way to lose your hunting land/privledges and Pis s off the landowner!

Get a good light and PLEASE make sure you ID your target prior to shooting!

Back