Bushmaster Varminter

dcase

I have been looking at getting the Bushmaster Varminter for some long distance shooting. Was wondering how the accurcy was and what peoples reviews are that have shot one. For the money its hard to beat it. Thanks

The varminter is a wonderful rifle and will handle many bullet wieghts with a 9 inch twist...the predator is the same rifle with a 20" tube and an 8 twist...I don't know what you consider long range but both of these rifles will get you to 500. I have had both, I still have the predator due to the 8 twist. Accuracy is very good, and with handloads its even better.

I have had one for over five years, and it has not shot worse than an inch with anything I have fed it mostly 55gr. My handloads are under a half and the rifle is better than that if the right person is on it. Hope this helps.

Yes, this is the kind of feedback I am looking for. Just wanting to hear from people that have one. You cant beat the price for an upper $599. I have a BM M4 and love it, just looking for something for long range 500+. Thanks guys.

I've owned both the Predator and Varminter. If I could have just one it would be the Predator. The extra 4 inchs of barrel length make it a pain in the woods. Were it supremely more accurate I could overlook it but it simply is not.

the varminter(pictured on the rt), will almost outshoot my bolt gun. the only reason i would consider the predator bushy version would be for a faster swing to target. otherwise, both weapons will get you the distance.
IMG_2166.jpg

I got one when they first came out and it's a shooter for sure.Put some nice long range glass on it and you will have a tack driver. Heres a couple groups from mine i shot a few weeks ago.Mine likes 55 and 69 grainers.
3826430661_0cf837efba_b1.jpg

photo_16_3.JPG

I have the 20 inch fluted moly barrel. It has the wylde chambering. It will shoot anything from 55 to 69gr The 24 ss was to much barrel for me. Nice upper.

I bought it at MidwayUSA for $550 and $15 shipping, no sales tax. They get so many each month from Bushmaster. If it is not in stock they will email you when they are. I waited two weeks. You have to clean and oil the bore, it is not chromed lined. Great for handloading.

Its between the Predator and Verminator. I plan on shooting from a bench to 600 yrds using 55 gr FMJ ammo. some said they would go with the predator, still?

I have a bushmaster predator wiht an 18" barrel. For a short barrel, it shoots really good. I would think that the longer barrels would do better. I have killed yotes at 500 yrds with it. If I were going to put together another one, I would go with the 24' barrel with an 8 twist so I could have one for short range and one for longer ranges.

Back