Check this out!

WOW!!!
scared.gif

Just quessing, but it looks like they were shot from a 38 or somthing. No way they could split like that in the right chamber.

Originally Posted By: N WolfJust quessing, but it looks like they were shot from a 38 or somthing. No way they could split like that in the right chamber.
+1

30 Luger? It's probably hardend brass and under pressure loads. Brass sometimes split at low pressures and when it's MilSurPlus, like the Luger is, it does this. Watch a Nambu do this. Adam

The exact same length in the split and the identical mark at the end of each split make me think wrong chambering or a really bad chamber job. If that gun survived it would be a real mess to clean up.

I want to say an old tokarev 7.62x25. They used to pump them out with little quality control. Some rounds 1.5x normal charge and the next one can be a squib. I think the first time hot gasses exploded out of every seam in the gun would have been a clue? let alone the 7th. Scary to think that guy could be next to you at the range.

Surplus ammo in my Tokarev looks exactly like that post firing. It is my understanding that the 30 Luger and 7.62X25 are near identical chamberings. Some of this ammo was made to be used in machine guns. I have personally scared the heck out of my shooting pals at the range with the "Tok"

Back