lazzaroni firearms

A friend has a Warbird, 7.62 x something, I believe. He uses it for Elk and it's a cannon.

It's plenty accurate, but like Bushy said it's hard on the ears. I shot it one time at the range and even though I thought I was ready for the recoil it still bent my glasses, LOL. Between the noise, the recoil and about $5 per shot you don't spend much range time with one. So barrel life shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Another friend has what I believe is called a Blackbird. I've never seen it but I seem to remember it's a Laz version of the .260

so it there any benefit over the RUM? they cases are huge, i thing the case head is a .580 so it would have to be built off a lapua action or so. i dont see how you could spend 7 grand on a rifle and then still need ammo and a scope. thats more than my truck is worth lol

Originally Posted By: nastynatesfishthey are blazing rounds for the caliber but wondering what you give up?

A lot of money is what you give up.

I shot quite a few rounds out of a 700 BDL in 300 RUM a couple months ago. I liked it quite a bit. Matter of fact, I could dig one in a 7mm.

I would go RUM over Lazz for a lot of reasons. Most of them equating to dollars............

I used to own a 7.21 firebird that was built on a sako action. The brass is overpriced and does not last, the muzzle blast is terrible as is the recoil. Anymore I would go the RUM if I needed something that big. The only reason I owned the Lazzeroni is to have a bigger 7mm than anyone I hunted with. Lets just say I am a little older and wiser now and will gladly take a 7mm-08 into the field over that Lazzeroni any day.

Well said.

I keep trying to talk myself into "needing" a big 7mm, but truth is, I don't.

The 7-08 is still one of my all-time favorites........

some things i just dont get. i love my 7rem mag but i wouldnt ever go bigger for hunting. i think that a 3030 and a 7mag is the perfect arizona set up for hunting anything that ill ever run across. thanks for the responses guys, feel free to keep them coming.

Back